The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Harvin got traded due to chemistry issues and the upcoming cap trouble the Seahawks are about to face. Wilson is going to get PAID!

Good move for the Jets imo. Decker and Harvin now. All they need is some corners and a qb...

I'm surprised no ones posted the Brady flop. Typical Brady kinda stuff...

Was waiting for his nomination for a prime time Emmy to become official before posting it, it was beautiful.

Though the Jets defensive lineman who flopped just seconds before that also put on a beautiful performance. Maybe they'll be co-winners.

Though they'd be going up against Kerry Washington and Scandal for Thursday night prime time.

Ol percy there pulled a Desean Jackson eh? Had a me first attitude that showed up this year because he already won the Super Bowl and know is more worried about his stats than winning.

Other than Percy and Desean being 2 small fast guys with attitude issues the difference is Desean is actually a deep threat. Percy is more of a gadget guy like Cobb on Green Bay.

Seattle was never a passing team anyway they rely on Lynch and they have a cheaper guy in Richardson to replace Harvin.

He is a rugby player, trust me on that.

If you're interested at all in learning how to distinguish between the two (and the NFL too I guess) this chart gives you a pretty good grasp on the major differences:

what-is-the-difference-between-american-

Thanks, very educational. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROwRFzf_As

Mark Sanchez at it again. Hot dogs and chicken tenders. The man loves snacking during games...

I'd make a play for Paul Richardson in fantasy football...

Yeah this rookie is supposed to be hotshot speedster who does exactly what Harvin does and is younger, cheaper, and not injury prone but until know has not got a shot to play as a starter.

I think he will now and find out how much of an impact he makes and if they really miss Harvin or not later in the year.

I assume the Seahawks have plans to make a move. I can't imagine trading Harvin and not trying to pick up someone else.

Nope. Paul Richardson will replace Harvin in 3 wide sets look for him along with Baldwin to share the gadget plays, possibly the return game and become a big play guy as a deep threat.

Was waiting for his nomination for a prime time Emmy to become official before posting it, it was beautiful.

Though the Jets defensive lineman who flopped just seconds before that also put on a beautiful performance. Maybe they'll be co-winners.

Though they'd be going up against Kerry Washington and Scandal for Thursday night prime time.

I think it was more of Brady stepping on someone's foot or twisting his ankle. When you're falling unexpectedly, naturally you look backwards and behind you that you're not gonna land awkwardly or hit something that will hurt you. If it was a dive/flop, you wouldn't look back.

Wow. Apparently Percy Harvin has mad anger issues. In college he was a known pot smoker and you would have thought in Seattle that would have chilled him out with it being legal there.

Apparently he gave Golden Tate a black eye during Super Bowl week last year in a fight and this past August he gave Doug Baldwin a cut on his chin in a scrap.

This goes further than having a big chip on your shoulder like Desean. I think he needs a mentor who can relate to his anger like Steve Smith. Don't think the Ravens have the cap space though to get Harvin.

"He's an angry little man, Kenny!!!" :shock:

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2024808382_seahawks18xml.html

Edited by Chip Kelly

I think it was more of Brady stepping on someone's foot or twisting his ankle. When you're falling unexpectedly, naturally you look backwards and behind you that you're not gonna land awkwardly or hit something that will hurt you. If it was a dive/flop, you wouldn't look back.

I couldnt really tell but from the video but I thought he stepped on a foot

You have to assume something happened behind the scenes for the Hawks to trade their best receiver (in a position they are rather weak at) in the middle of the season.

Number 3 receiver in Seattle. They have never found a way to get him the touches he needs to be worth his pay grade. He gets paid super star money but he cant run all the routes and is limited in how he can be used effectively. He was just not a good fit in Seattle averaging 50 yards per game this year.

They can sign a couple decent receivers for what they were paying Harvin. Guys who can fit into Seattles system rather than trying to change the system to fit them. Also guys who wont be A holes in the locker room.

For the money he never panned out in Seattle. Its not like hes the reason they won the superbowl. he just put the cherry on it. Hopefully he is a better fit in NY. They need it.

EDIT: How is it that a guy whos so fast and has such good movement has such a hard time getting open downfield?

Edited by Offensive Threat

What's with all the hit uprights today? I've seen one extra point and 3 field goals hit the upright in the 1st half, one left, one right, and one hit the crossbar.

And what's with so many defenses just standing there on a field goal block attempt? There's no reason not to try and block the kick. ???? lazy bastards.

Apparently the Bengals and Colts have 0/14 combined on 3rd down in the 1st half. To a statistician this is a big deal.

Edited by Mr. Ambien