The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

For next week:

Green Bay over Dallas (experience over rookie, should be good back and forth, close game)

Seahawks over Falcons (Hawks defence enough to keep Falcons offense to minimum damage)

Steelers over Chiefs (Trio of Roethlisberger, Bell, and Brown are all healthy and playing at high level.  (Assuming Ben's ankle is fine.)  Experienced playoff team comes through, close game because of KC home field advantage)

New England over Texan (easiest pick)

Edited by Neversummer

On another note ... now those Giants receivers can hang out with Biebs and party in Miami as much as they want!

OBJ was horrible in the game, dropping balls with no one near him.  Then he punches a hole in the wall to show who's boss.  

Brady and the Pats are thrilled that the Giants are out.  

Edited by Neversummer

37-34 Packers

Cowboys are a solid team, but are young and not as good as their record indicates.  Game is a shootout. Dallas' rookies both have solid performances in the loss, but are unable to put the game away.  Rodgers experience is the difference maker as he orchestrates a game winning 4th quarter drive.

27-16 Falcons

Seahawks are a different team away from home, the offence especially.  Losses to Rams, Saints, Bucs and a whooping by GB on the road this year.   Rawls and Wilson continue their trends of game to game inconsistency and struggle.  Seattle's run game get's very little going.  Atlanta's offence overpowers Seattle's D thanks to a well rounded attack.

20-14 Chiefs 

I just have a gut feeling on this one.  I think Big Ben is more hurt than he's letting on.  Bell has a strong game on the ground, but Pittsburgh falls behind late and Ben can't bring them back. 

37-10 Patriots

Game is never even close.  Savage is unable to play, and Osweiler gifts the Patriots great field position several times early on as he is unable to orchestrate anything offensively.  Brady takes advantage.  While unlikely I am really hoping the Texans pull off the upset though.

Edited by Jägermeister

On 2014-05-08 at 8:07 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

:picard:

I know he's not the best QB but saying that is just premature lol. Can't throw the ball, no patience? That's his biggest asset. He get criticized for not being quick enough cause he extends plays and opens up doors that weren't there before the snap. I agree there's a risk he busts but he has the assets to make it work at the NFL level and his last few QB performances shows he can learn quickly.

Somehow ended up on the pages regarding 2014 draft. Was interesting reading some of the comments. 

On 2014-05-09 at 1:23 PM, RO8!! said:

I like what I have read about the Giants pick, O'dell Beckum. He sounds like the kind of player the Giants like he is a hard worker, upstanding young man with a good head on his shoulders. Sounds like other than his size he was one of the better over all WR in the draft. I keep reading or watching a lot of good things about his hands and route running ability. Favorable comparisons to Reggie Wayne and Randall Cobb.

It also sounds like the Giants had him rated in their top 7 so it is encouraging they felt so strongly about him. As well as some rumors about the 49ers and even possibly philly wanting to move up and snag him. So I guess nothing left to do but wait and see next season what he can really bring to the table.

But overall not stoked about the pick I really didn't care for a skill position in the first especially a WR. I could see if he was a physical freak but if not his other skills should be elite. There is just so many opportunities to draft a good WR. Plus RB and WR seem to be positions you can still find late in the draft or as UDFA. Also we already have a a lot of under sized WR; Cruz isn't very big, Jerrnigan, Manningham. Hell Ruben Randle, who is still very green, is our biggest potential starter at 6'2" so it seems a bit redundant. Although Nicks was our biggest starting WR in our last SB so I understand it is not be all end all but that was pick 32 not pick 12, so ODB better have the rest of the package in spades to make this a great pick.

On OBJ...