The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 2018-09-24 at 5:40 AM, c00kies said:

Matthews was a good pickup because he knows the system and would be ready for the quick turnaround.

Agholor is our best threat from a non tight end, but we do lack that explosiveness from our other receivers.

Wentz did alright in his return, but he did make that one awful read. 

I miss just handing the ball off to Blount too.

The Eagles offensively don't really have big name star players they rely on a spread the wealth attack similar to the Patriots where 1 week they could have over 100 yards rushing and the next have over 300 yards passing.

They really use as much of their personnel as possible so the other trlram can't key on just 1 guy and wreck the whole gameplan.

I do like Dallas Goedert stepping up. He is still a rookie whatever he does should be a bonus and not fully expected each week yet.

Also I am a little bit confused due to the Eagles need for more speed at wr,with Hollins and Wallace out long term, and to take some pressure off Agholor....

Why don't they audition a guy like Shelton Gibson who showed some good speed vs the Patriots in the preseason game and had a big kickoff return and also had a 30 plus yard catch downfield? IIRC..

I hope Howie Roseman is working the phones to try to get a WR with some speed before the trade deadline to take the top off the defence and push back the safeties so the Eagles can dominate the middle of the field. With Clement, Agholor,Ertz, and Goedert, all doing damage over the middle of the field the offence would be tough to stop.

Just like they got Jay Ajayi last year maybe they can swing a trade for DeVante Parker who is the #4 on the Dolphins or Robby Anderson on the Jets would be targets.

Who would you want the Eagles to get?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Eagles offensively don't really have big name star players they rely on a spread the wealth attack similar to the Patriots where 1 week they could have over 100 yards rushing and the next have over 300 yards passing.

They really use as much of their personnel as possible so the other trlram can't key on just 1 guy and wreck the whole gameplan.

I do like Dallas Goedert stepping up. He is still a rookie whatever he does should be a bonus and not fully expected each week yet.

Also I am a little bit confused due to the Eagles need for more speed at wr,with Hollins and Wallace out long term, and to take some pressure off Agholor....

Why don't they audition a guy like Shelton Gibson who showed some good speed vs the Patriots in the preseason game and had a big kickoff return and also had a 30 plus yard catch downfield? IIRC..

I hope Howie Roseman is working the phones to try to get a WR with some speed before the trade deadline to take the top off the defence and push back the safeties so the Eagles can dominate the middle of the field. With Clement, Agholor,Ertz, and Goedert, all doing damage over the middle of the field the offence would be tough to stop.

Just like they got Jay Ajayi last year maybe they can swing a trade for DeVante Parker who is the #4 on the Dolphins or Robby Anderson on the Jets would be targets.

Who would you want the Eagles to get?

I would love a speedy target, as that adds to our TE heavy receiving group.

I don't have many players in mind. Maclin would be interesting, but I think I'd want someone else. In a trade, I wouldn't give up much more than a 4th, and would probably prefer to trade a 5th. I feel like players lost in depth are good choices, even if it's a bit risky.

I feel like Smith played a good role last year, as someone that can spread the field a bit, even if he was a bit underwhelming.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-09-25 at 5:02 PM, Van40 said:

I’m not expecting A 3rd year 4th round pick to carry a mediocre o line and terrible receivers and terrible coaching...he’s not Romo :)

But really I’m not too worried we have no long term commitments and he has the rest of the year to prove himself. The offense needs a makeover though and I’m not sure how we will do that without any changes. 

11 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Who would have thought after week 3 the Browns would have a better record than the Pats. :lol:

Really?  I haven't heard about that at all:lol:

Just remember last time pats lost two games in September they won the ....... wait.......... you guessed it....

Spoiler

Super Bowl

Was thinking with Allen panning out with the Bills what teams will be looking for a QB this coming draft?  Maybe the Pats will get their choice of QB's, more so if they keep losing:o, since the NFL draft is all about drafting on team needs as oppose to best player available. 

10 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

I’m not expecting A 3rd year 4th round pick to carry a mediocre o line and terrible receivers and terrible coaching...he’s not Romo :)

But really I’m not too worried we have no long term commitments and he has the rest of the year to prove himself. The offense needs a makeover though and I’m not sure how we will do that without any changes. 

Doesn't matter what year or what pick he was. He's a big reason the team isn't winning. Dak is below average.

PFF has the Dallas oline ranked 11th so that's definitely not the issue. 

Offense is and should be all Zeke

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Doesn't matter what year or what pick he was. He's a big reason the team isn't winning. Dak is below average.

But it does matter because we have no financial commitments to him so we can easily make a change

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

But it does matter because we have no financial commitments to him so we can easily make a change. 

And what good offense revolves around a running back..not sustainable imo

Edited by Tony Romo

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Minnesota really screwed up that last play before half time.

Everyone was expecting a quick spike but no idea what the OC and Cousins were thinking? Spiking the clock would have given them two plays instead of the FG that they decided to take because of lack of clock awareness.

17 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Rams definitely looking like super bowl favourites, offence is unstoppable 

I was surprised the Vikings kept it as close as they did. The Rams offence reminds me of the "Greatest Show on Turf" team (Warner, Bruce, Holt, Faulk) they had several years ago. Could possibly see a Rams vs Chiefs Superbowl, that would be fun to watch.