The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Several NFL players coming out in defense of Browner, they agree it was a clean hit, lead with the shoulder and hit him in the chest/shoulder. Heard several talk show hosts claim the NFL refs got it wrong. However, as much as I was ticked off, I can't really blame them under the circumstance that it was Browner who was involved because, unfortunately, his reputation precedes him.

In fantasy news, I need big games from Cobb and Roddy White tonight

I'll need bIg games from Cobb and Packers D. Also in this one pool I am in if Packers win by 10, 11 or 12 points I will win $350.

Dude I had Cobb in my Draftkings pool and all I needed was 12 fantasy points to double my money <_<

He did squat all and got 9....

Also had the Packers on the point spread (-13) and the Rams (-3.5) which was for huge cake. DAMN I GOT ROBBED.

Edited by The Magician

Dude I had Cobb in my Draftkings pool and all I needed was 12 fantasy points to double my money <_<

He did squat all and got 9....

My whole team decided to not show up for playoffs.

Sanders

Cobb

Morris

Gordon

Not to mention the fact I had Watkins and Browns D on the bench.

Arod has the most passing yards through 100 starts in NFL history. Beast. Will be him or Watt for MVP, and it'll be down to the wire.

Watt aside, Rodgers is just too good. There's no QB Id have in the league than him. Sensational, and that chemistry with Nelson, too much...

Arod has the most passing yards through 100 starts in NFL history. Beast. Will be him or Watt for MVP, and it'll be down to the wire.

Watt aside, Rodgers is just too good. There's no QB Id have in the league than him. Sensational, and that chemistry with Nelson, too much...

Agreed. If Houston makes the playoffs i’d give Watt the MVP (assuming he keeps doing Watt he’s doing). If they miss tho i’d give it to Rodgers.

Won my fantasy matchup this week in my money league, finish the season 10-4 and will enter the playoffs as the #2 seed.

Playoff Roster:

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick - going to change, picked up because he played Jax this past week

RB: Jonathan Stewart

RB: Joique Bell

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Randall Cobb

TE: Jordan Reed - might change, Jared Cook is available

FLEX: Julian Edelman

FLEX: Steve Smith Sr.

K: Dan Carpenter

D/ST: Miami - going to change

Bench: Shane Vereen

Bench: Anquan Boldin

Bench: Markus Wheaton

Bench: Matt Asiata

Cam Newton involved in a post game crash and taken to hospital.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Panthers-Cam-Newton-taken-to-hospital-after-crash-5945356.php

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has been taken to a hospital after being involved in an auto accident in Charlotte.

Television footage shows Newton on a stretcher being placed in an ambulance Tuesday. The accident happened one block from the Panthers stadium.

It's unclear how badly the 25-year-old he was injured.

The Carolina Panthers tweeted that the team is closely monitoring the crash and will have more information later on Newton.

A truck was overturned on the roadway and the Charlotte Observer reports Newton was driving it. Photos from the newspaper showed Newton smiling as he was attended to by an officer on the ground. Another car also appeared to be involved in the crash and had front end damage.

Newton has 2,800 yards passing this season with 16 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also has rushed for 425 yards and 3 touchdowns to lead the Panthers to a 4-8-1 record.

Newton, an Atlanta native, led the Auburn Tigers to a national championship.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24876457/report-cam-newton-injured-in-car-accident

Report: Panthers' Cam Newton not injured in overturned pickup crash

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was involved in a car accident on Tuesday afternoon, but he reportedly has not been injured.

CMPD source says no injuries to Cam Newton.He did not want to be transported. Taken to hospital as a precaution.

— Steve Crump WBTV (@SteveCrumpWBTV) December 9, 2014

Cam Newton is conscious and smiling after crash in uptown Charlotte. pic.twitter.com/tx6R9qisSh

— Charlotte Observer (@theobserver) December 9, 2014

Not much is known about how the accident happened, but according to photos posted on Twitter, Newton was on a stretcher and placed in an ambulance.

Here are some of the photos posted on Twitter from Observer reporter Jonathan Jones and local TV affiliates:

Whoa. RT @jjones9: Cam Newton on a stretcher. Just loaded in ambulance pic.twitter.com/ILeiB8MX6a

— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) December 9, 2014

Cam Newton's car overturned just above I 277 pic.twitter.com/i5UjckyfbF

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) December 9, 2014

RT @DianneG: Medic loading @CameronNewton into ambulance after major wreck in front of stadium @WCNC #cltnews pic.twitter.com/vcq1Dz3zM6

— NBC Charlotte (@wcnc) December 9, 2014

#BREAKING: Cam Newton involved in accident near uptown. #panthers #cltnews pic.twitter.com/Sujioe0BXs

— WBTV News (@WBTV_News) December 9, 2014

#BREAKING: @WBTV_News is working to get more answers on the wreck involving Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. pic.twitter.com/FJ6uidwXIC

— Amanda Bazemore (@AmandaBazemore) December 9, 2014

This intersection is always dangerous people miss this Stop sign thinking they are already on a ramp to I-277. pic.twitter.com/I5E91EthUu

— Brad Panovich (@wxbrad) December 9, 2014

As for Newton's status.

re: Cam. RT @DianneG: An officer on scene said he thought everyone would be ok… But could not elaborate be on extent of injuries if any

— Darin Gantt (@daringantt) December 9, 2014

CMPD officer just confirmed to me Newton was driving. Said he was able to communicate

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) December 9, 2014

In a statement, the Panthers said, "We are closely monitoring the situation of a car wreck involving Cam Newton. We will have more information at an appropriate time."

Edited by Mr. Ambien

My fantasy team has had unreal playoff luck. Over the last 3-4 years they average 146 points per game (over 8 playoff games) and have never scored below 107 and maxed at 177.6. It isn't the biggest league only 8 teams but still jeez.

One win away from more money :')

Won my money league!! :]

Started year off 0-4, won the next 7 then lost week 12 by 4.3 points and won the last 2 weeks finishing off 9-5. Was actually a 2-way tie for first but I had 174 more points and got the benefit out the doubt. Toughest league by far. Everyone has such great teams, came right down to the wire. 6 of the 8 teams were at .500 or above. Best year by far.

My team:

QB: Newton

RB: Murray

RB: McCoy

WR: D.Thomas

WR: M.Evans

TE: Gronk

W/R: Boldin

Q/W/R/T: Dalton

K: Tucker

DEF: Texans

Bench: M.Ryan, M.Bryant, Colston, Herron, Kelce, J.Stewart.

Won my money league!! :]

Started year off 0-4, won the next 7 then lost week 12 by 4.3 points and won the last 2 weeks finishing off 9-5. Was actually a 2-way tie for first but I had 174 more points and got the benefit out the doubt. Toughest league by far. Everyone has such great teams, came right down to the wire. 6 of the 8 teams were at .500 or above. Best year by far.

My team:

QB: Newton

RB: Murray

RB: McCoy

WR: D.Thomas

WR: M.Evans

TE: Gronk

W/R: Boldin

Q/W/R/T: Dalton

K: Tucker

DEF: Texans

Bench: M.Ryan, M.Bryant, Colston, Herron, Kelce, J.Stewart.

The playoffs for 16 team leagues started last week and for 12 team leagues starts this week :S