The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Saints are a terrible team though. Agholor got hurt. D got some turnovers but also gave up some big passes and good runs from the New Orleans backs.

I like Matthews more than Murray. Murray is limited burst wise. He takes too long to build up steam and doesn't hit the hole like Matthews does.

Murray is best used for third down, short yardage, change of pace, or redzone.

Matthews should be #1 lead back going forward and Murray #2 with Sproles mixing in spending on how the other two are going.

The Saints are a bad defensive team but a good offensive team. They average the 4th most yards per game in the NFL this season and last season they were the #1 team in the NFL for yards per game. Giving up a few big plays to them is hardly anything to feel bad about plus the Eagles only allowed 10 points if you wish to overlook that Cooks got that garbage time TD with literally no time on the clock at the end xD

I agree with that on Murray and Mathews though. Murray really seems to lack explosiveness off his first step or two. Or maybe he is still feeling uncomfortable and just being indecisive but it seems like he is looking for that perfect gap to hit instead of just plowing forward. Mathews though just looks dirty. The perfect combo of explosiveness, strong cuts, and power. I would start him as of now also but giving contracts I doubt that happens unless Murray reverts back to his 0.5 yards per carry self.

Could be another Giants patriots super bowl . Giants are the only decent team in the NFC east right now and if they get in the playoffs watch out.

Fantastic loss for Dallas today, we know the Offense will do nothing but the defense looked fantastic!! Still hope if we can steal the game @giants

I am hesitant to jump on the Giants bandwagon. They were basically expected to be an 8-8 type team and currently that still seems like a plausible record at 3-2 now (yes I know 8-8 may still win the division xD). But none of these wins seem like statement wins. They slipped past a Niners team that has been brutalized all year (hell the Cards beat them 47-7). Another win came against the Redskins and the most impressive win against the Bills but even they have looked inconsistent this year but credit it was a good win. However nothing that makes them look anything like Super Bowl contenders. Odds are they will just get ousted by another team not in the NFC East if they make it.

I would still say the Cowboys and Eagles are the most dangerous teams in the NFC East playoff wise given the Cowboys only need to get healthy to be among the best and the Eagles seemed like they had chemistry issues from all the new players but have been posting better and better numbers each week and looking more sync each passing game.

With that said the NFC's Super Bowl rep likely won't be from the East. Packers and Cardinals make the most sense now.

I just hope Eagles make the playoffs and win a damn game. Been 8 years or something since they last won a real game when it counts in the playoffs.

Plus it is better to be a hot team down the last 5-6 games of the year than be good early and fade late.

As long as Eagles get hot late and keep improving meanwhile nobody will wanna play them in a one game do or die in the NFC.

Can say that about the Giants or Cowboys too though.

Nobody seems capable of running away with the division though should come down to last week like always the last 3-4 years.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Guys the Giants made it in the wild card the in 07, and 2012.

I'm hoping for a Patriots vs Giants/packers super bowl. Would be amazing games.

Giants won the division in 2011 and 2007 was a different scenario because the NFC East was monstrous that year. 3 of the 4 teams made the playoffs and the last place team that missed was the Eagles who still had an 8-8 record and had actually outscored their opponents by a wider margin than 2 of the other divisional teams that made the playoffs. So even though they were technically a wild card team they were still favored over other divisional winners.

It's not impossible for them to win this year but this team doesn't look like those past teams which had a lot more talent on them. They also won because because of the defense. They had an elite front 7 both years that was ruthless at getting to the QB which was the foundation of most of their success. They are among the bottom of the NFL in sacks this year.

Brady probably still has nightmares about those games but I really don't see anything about this Giants team that reminds me of those past ones or anything that makes them stand out as special.

10494736-large.jpg

Both of the Giants Super Bowl wins against the Patriots the Giants had an insane pas rush up the middle of the line. They got in Brady's face constantly and made him move backwards before he could set up. They also blitzed up the middle instead of off the corners. Brady kills teams that try to rush him from the outside.

Philly game was awesome. So entertaining and high scoring, couldn't have asked for more. Would love to explain what I saw and everything but heading out to Isles-Jets game. Surprised the Eagles offense took off like they did. But then again not because they're either on or off. No compromise under Kelly lol.

Philly game was awesome. So entertaining and high scoring, couldn't have asked for more. Would love to explain what I saw and everything but heading out to Isles-Jets game. Surprised the Eagles offense took off like they did. But then again not because they're either on or off. No compromise under Kelly lol.

I don't have a dog in the fight in the NFC East, but it's hard not to cheer for Sam Bradford. He's a Sooner who just happens to be a Canuck fan....

The Saints are a bad defensive team but a good offensive team. They average the 4th most yards per game in the NFL this season and last season they were the #1 team in the NFL for yards per game. Giving up a few big plays to them is hardly anything to feel bad about plus the Eagles only allowed 10 points if you wish to overlook that Cooks got that garbage time TD with literally no time on the clock at the end xD

I agree with that on Murray and Mathews though. Murray really seems to lack explosiveness off his first step or two. Or maybe he is still feeling uncomfortable and just being indecisive but it seems like he is looking for that perfect gap to hit instead of just plowing forward. Mathews though just looks dirty. The perfect combo of explosiveness, strong cuts, and power. I would start him as of now also but giving contracts I doubt that happens unless Murray reverts back to his 0.5 yards per carry self.

I am hesitant to jump on the Giants bandwagon. They were basically expected to be an 8-8 type team and currently that still seems like a plausible record at 3-2 now (yes I know 8-8 may still win the division xD). But none of these wins seem like statement wins. They slipped past a Niners team that has been brutalized all year (hell the Cards beat them 47-7). Another win came against the Redskins and the most impressive win against the Bills but even they have looked inconsistent this year but credit it was a good win. However nothing that makes them look anything like Super Bowl contenders. Odds are they will just get ousted by another team not in the NFC East if they make it.

I would still say the Cowboys and Eagles are the most dangerous teams in the NFC East playoff wise given the Cowboys only need to get healthy to be among the best and the Eagles seemed like they had chemistry issues from all the new players but have been posting better and better numbers each week and looking more sync each passing game.

With that said the NFC's Super Bowl rep likely won't be from the East. Packers and Cardinals make the most sense now.

The Eagles also had poor kicking factor in two of the losses...should be at least 3-2, with a chance of being 4-1. The only really bad game was against the Cowboys...

Seahawks seem to be done as a elite team and SB contender. Offense sucks, O-Line is so pathetic and defense isn't dominant anymore. Lynch is broken down and nearing the end. Seahawks are on the decline and they would be lucky to make the playoffs as wild card. It all started with the play called on 1 yard in SB. I wouldn't be surprised if there's in fighting going on that is being kept quiet.

Clock people made a mistake and let the clock run at the end for like 30 seconds.

If that happened in Gillette stadium watch out

I think it was something like 18 seconds but yes another nfl screwup.

Btw shame on the nfl for not letting Deangelo Williams wear pink for the rest of the season, in memory of his mother.

All without Nelson too. Imagine if he comes back ahead of schedule...

I dunno if they changed the rule but I don't think a player is allowed to return that season after being placed on the IR.

With that said he is 30 years old and just tore his ACL and plays a position entirely based on sprinting. No chance he returns this year that would be around a 4 month recovery period on an injury that usually takes 9 months to a year to heal.