The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You know the officiating and time keeping is bad, when the guys doing the broadcasts can't make heads or tails on things.

There seems to be certain fouls that are left too much to the discretion of the officials. Offensive holding happens all the time and some teams get away with it far too often. Other times the call is made when a player barely puts his arm around a player even though it has no effect on the outcome of the play. Another one is offensive interference. Some teams get away with pushing off while others get called for minor pushes. It seems like they use certain fouls to dictate outcomes and final scores.  

As much as a top 5 pick would help, won't matter much because of Elite Joe Flacco's cap numbers. 

Not a coincidence you're seeing the Ravens regress as his cap enters and they lose numerous key pieces around the team. Goes hand in hand with the teams success and they won't have much with it - mega deal for a player who doesn't deserve it (no one does) and losing players.

And fyi, Flacco's cap number jumps from $15m this year to $29m next year to $31m the year after. Have fun putting together a decent team because idk how they can survive and expect to be a playoff team or even an above .500 team with that mammoth contract anchoring them. 

The contract was essentially a 3 year deal. Ravens are going to restructure the deal for sure. 

The bigger issue is all the dead money Ray Rice caused. Injuries have also killed the Ravens 2 straight years now.  

Next year should be a good one though with the high picks and the emergence of guys like Mosely, Perriman, Campanaro and the rest. 

Funny thing is that Ravens would still give the Pats the best playoff matchup from the afc lol

Edited by Jiggs50

Gronk gonna go down as the biggest threat in NFL history. Will break all WR records as a TE. Absolute beast. 

Gronk is good but this is laughable. I assume you aren't familiar with how far ahead Jerry Rice was compared to other receivers.If Gronk kept his pace now for his entire career he wouldn't sniff half of Rice's records. Plus you have to consider the fact that Gronk will not have Brady most of his career and his style implies he will decline heavily when his body starts to fall out of its physical peak. 

Great TE likely hall of famer but good luck catching Rice

• Upvote 1

Gronk is good but this is laughable. I assume you aren't familiar with how far ahead Jerry Rice was compared to other receivers.If Gronk kept his pace now for his entire career he wouldn't sniff half of Rice's records. Plus you have to consider the fact that Gronk will not have Brady most of his career and his style implies he will decline heavily when his body starts to fall out of its physical peak. 

Great TE likely hall of famer but good luck catching Rice

At the pace Brady is playing he easily has a couple more years left in him which will be Gronks prime.

And should've specified, didn't mean like yards cause WRs get more naturally than TEs, but more so touchdown records. Gronk is on pace to shatter them, just a freak.

At the pace Brady is playing he easily has a couple more years left in him which will be Gronks prime.

And should've specified, didn't mean like yards cause WRs get more naturally than TEs, but more so touchdown records. Gronk is on pace to shatter them, just a freak.

Gronk is likely in his prime now. His domination is based on his physical ability which starts to fade in your late 20's and early 30's this is often most noticeable in the NFL. 

With that said Gronk is not on pace to shatter Rice's TD record. He isn't even on pace to break it. Gronk is on pace for about 70 TD's in his career by seasons end. If he keeps this pace for the rest of his career with no decline he will have to play 11 more seasons (age 38 at retirement) to just barely beat Rice's record of 197 TDs.

Great TE but won't come close to any of those records.

Cam Wake done for the season. Tore his ACL on a harmless looking play, was just pushing to apply pressure as the ball was snapped and gave way.

Reallt sad to see him go. I remember him his time here in BC and he stole my heart. Don't really watch the CFL much but man that one season where he put up MVP like numbers and was snubbed of the award (last year before he left for the NFL), probably the only time I can say I fully committed to a Lions CFL season. Met him a lot of times at practices and before the season, he was at my local park for a month training on the field early mornings and I got to see him three times a week because I would run in the mornings. Played catch and he showed me some drills a few times. 

...just an awesome guy, a better person than he is a player and he's a world class player. One of the best pass rushers in the game, I'm pretty upset at the news of this injury. Wish him a full recovery. 

^well that sucks

anyway, I'm too lazy to go look it up but Gonzalez is the only TE that I can remember that played as long as you guys are talking about, Sharpe maybe too. Most guys are fried after 10 years.

No one else comes to mind for me. Gonzales is awesome, and in a league of his own. As a fan of both Witten and Gronk it will be interesting to see where each end up at the end of their careers when compared to him.

Gronk gonna go down as the biggest threat in NFL history. Will break all WR records as a TE. Absolute beast. 

Lol.  He has the potential to maaaaybe break the TD record, he doesn't even have a hope to break the reception or yard records though.

To break Rices records (playing at the same pace he has now for his whole career), he would need to play another:

161 games to break the TD record (another full 10 years);

249 games to break the reception record (thats another 15 years btw);

256 games to break the yardage record.

He's probably the most dominant offensive threat in the league, but yeah... no.

Edited by Jägermeister