The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

2 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

This is just so BC Lions.  Hire Hervey to be the  gm and keep Buono as coach?  Ridiculous. Now Hervey can be Buonos' puppet and do as he's told. Nothing will change. Same crap. 

Who is available out there right now that could replace Wally? Unless Dickenson is getting fired.

Braley really needs to sell the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a long read, but an interesting look into the path Trent Richardson took to get to the Green Riders:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749275-trent-richardsons-long-journey-back-to-the-nfl-might-not-be-over-yet?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Inside a packed Canadian stadium far away from the NFL, Trent Richardson, a man once considered a can't-miss prospect and a favorable comparison to Adrian Peterson, looked like he still might be.  

Granted, it was only four games, but donning No. 33 for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, he danced around CFL defenders, and at times, opted to bulldoze over them. Back was the power, the speed, the swagger that made him a star in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. 

Two months in rural and freezing Regina, Saskatchewan—where the average temperature is 36.7 degrees—gave Richardson more joy on a football field than he had experienced in more than five years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bighill signs in Winnipeg.  I don’t get why we would not sign him?

Manziel signs in Hamilton.  I wonder if his game here tops 30,000 fans?

Manziel could work in the CFL, as he is mobile and that tends to help out. His football iq has to improve though.

11 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Manziel could work in the CFL, as he is mobile and that tends to help out. His football iq has to improve though.

Manziel’s deal is two years.  I’m going to the game for sure, when he comes to town.  

19 minutes ago, spur1 said:

WT frig Bighill signs with Winterpeg?

Can’t take playing under Sol?

Money better maybe. 

One year deal.  Likely all about money.  Plus, it’s a lot cheaper to live in Winnipeg than Vancouver.  Maybe he moves his family there?  

First thing....why is it the Lions don’t have their own section here in the CDC? 

Are we B.C. fans or are we Albertans. 

Second thing....is I can’t wait to see the Lions new offence at work. I said fire the offence coordinater for two seasons. 

Third thing .....Can’t wait to see the new D line and some pressure on the other side. 

3 hours ago, spur1 said:

First thing....why is it the Lions don’t have their own section here in the CDC?

you ask this question, in a thread titled BC Lions, that you started on April2 2014?

3 hours ago, spur1 said:

Second thing....is I can’t wait to see the Lions new offence at work. I said fire the offence coordinater for two seasons. 

Third thing .....Can’t wait to see the new D line and some pressure on the other side

I am very optimistic that the revamped O and D lines will make a large difference this year. Also would be good to see Jennings doing more scrambling for yards, I'd like to see him carry the ball between 10-15% of the time and having the rest divided evenly between running backs and receivers. Looking forward to a few more "trick' plays as well.

11 hours ago, gurn said:

you ask this question, in a thread titled BC Lions, that you started on April2 2014?

I am very optimistic that the revamped O and D lines will make a large difference this year. Also would be good to see Jennings doing more scrambling for yards, I'd like to see him carry the ball between 10-15% of the time and having the rest divided evenly between running backs and receivers. Looking forward to a few more "trick' plays as well.

Me too. I don't know if it's going to happen, TBH. I've been lamenting Wally's predictable style for a long time now. The Leos could learn something from Mike O'Shea in that department, as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Me too. I don't know if it's going to happen, TBH. I've been lamenting Wally's predictable style for a long time now. The Leos could learn something from Mike O'Shea in that department, as far as I'm concerned.

Wally says he is going for it more this year as he has nothing to lose. 

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I’m hoping Wally allows Jennings to be more active with run/throw options.  Kind of like what Russel Wilson does?

Just now, Alflives said:

I’m hoping Wally allows Jennings to be more active with run/throw options.  Kind of like what Russel Wilson does?

Yeah. It doesn't make much sense to have a mobile QB and have an offense designed for a pocket passer....

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah. It doesn't make much sense to have a mobile QB and have an offense designed for a pocket passer....

Absolutely. In past years Jon and Lulay ran a lot of option plays but they were ineffective because the QB never ran. 

• Upvote 1