The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

This is my point all along. The QB position is all about decision making. Jennings does not process the game at a speed necessary to be elite or even productive.

If he doesn't use his feet to extend the play rather than to just try to take off he is going to be a target out there and throw INT every game.

At this point we have had enough of a look to understand he may never get it. Its time to move on and find a better fit.

Perhaps a trade with Winnipeg for their big back up?

well i have noticed this from his first season here

everyone is so excited about his raw skills

but man he has made bonehead plays

consistently since he has come here

and with additional experience we see no learning curve

still the same guy

same problems

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, coastal.view said:

well i have noticed this from his first season here

everyone is so excited about his raw skills

but man he has made bonehead plays

consistently since he has come here

and with additional experience we see no learning curve

still the same guy

same problems

I am hoping that ED Hervey is able to find a replacement for him as we are going no where as long as he is the starter.

11 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Have to admit I almost gave up on them at halftime. Winnipeg blowing it is never a surprise, though.

Again this goes back to the guy at QB. Yes Lulay had one INT but he hasn't played in 14 months. He still looked better than Jennings.

What an effort by the D. shut out in second half for the win. Winnipeg made mistakes but that's good defensive pressure making them make those mistakes. When the Bombers gambled they paid!!!

How many balls in  the end zone like that will Burnham ever drop?

I'm sorry to say it but i would be happy if Jennings never hit the field again in Orange. He just doesn't see the game well enough to play QB

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, Brad Marchand said:

Have to admit I almost gave up on them at halftime. Winnipeg blowing it is never a surprise, though.

I went for a run at half-time, thinking how nice it would be for Winnipeg to face a real team, but then I quickly remembered how often we blew leads to B.C. and anticipated a loss lol. I'm glad I missed the rest of the game

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, mikeyman109 said:

Again this goes back to the guy at QB. Yes Lulay had one INT but he hasn't played in 14 months. He still looked better than Jennings.

What an effort by the D. shut out in second half for the win. Winnipeg made mistakes but that's good defensive pressure making them make those mistakes. When the Bombers gambled they paid!!!

I'm sorry to say it but i would be happy if Jennings never hit the field again in Orange. He just doesn't see the game well enough to play QB

JJ was amazing, than he got hurt, and ever since he cameback from injury hes been this poor excuse of a QB for years , and yes..i agree ...as much as id hate to see him play for another team and do well, i really dont wanna watch him as a BC lion, and if lulay does get hurt again, i hope the other 2 QB's play, esp ricky lloyd

This will probbaly be lulay's last year, as i have a feeling he may take a head coaching job next year when wally retires , i feel lulay and dickinson have so much in common .....so i feel he would make a great coach for bc

• Upvote 3

On 2018-07-15 at 10:09 AM, mikeyman109 said:

Trade Jennings for Manziel fair trade for both teams. Lulay will inevitably get hurt again like Buck Pierce late in his career.

Lulay can be a qb coach like Calvillo after he retires and work his way up like Dave Dickenson did.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Manziel traded to Montreal

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel, offensive tackle Tony Washington, and offensive lineman Landon Rice to the Montreal Alouettes for defensive end Jamaal Westerman, receiver Chris Williams and a first-round pick in 2020 and 2021.

Finally he will get to play but first 1 week of learning the offence.

Too bad BC didn't think of trading Jennings for Manziel. 

Hate Montreal but league needs them to be relevant to prop up markets like BC I guess.

Gonna ride the Lulay train for Wally's last year I guess. They need to find the next franchise guy though. Lulay is like 34 and injury prone the last few seasons. He plays good for now but is not the future. 

Need to get younger and better American and even Canadian talent.

Seems always Saskatchewan or Toronto or Hamilton or Montreal etc get the bigger names to join.

BC seems to avoid higher profile ex NFL guys or even getting players from bigger name div 1 NCAA schools.

BC Lions used to have a great relationship with the Dolphins thanks to Bob Ackles and it netted them game changers like Cam Wake and Stefan Logan.

Martell Mallett was a 1 year wonder as a rookie I still remember the game he shredded the Alouettes and ran for over 200 yards that game in BC place.

Roy Shivers got them the very talented but troubled Yonus Davis.

Then they added Tim Brown a few years there solid and reliable but nothing special like an Ian Smart.

Then they luckily stole Chris Rainey from Montreal for an older Stefan Logan like how Nashville stole Subban for Weber.

Rainey is good but is getting up there in age for an RB. Buono has never unlocked his potential as a RB and sticks him to the return game only.

I don't blame him though... Rainey is not built to tote the rock 15 times a game week in and week out along with touches from kickoff returns and punt returns.

Lions will still struggle to fill seats.

When is the last time the BC Lions had a CFL ROY contender? Just shows how poor their talent acquisition has been the last 4 years.

The Stampeders have become like the CFLs Patriots perennial contenders who breeze through the regular season the last 5 years.

Then you have Edmonton who has been good since the Lions gave up Riley to stick with Lulay.

The Lions have been bad or mediocre at best since the Grey Cup win and went in the toilet like the Canucks.

Not even the Whitecaps could fully take advantage thanks to ownership not wanting to pay big money for a proven goal scorer.

Can't wait for the NFL and European soccer to start until then nothing to watch... except for Manziel? 

Edited by Chip Kelly

35 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Finally he will get to play but first 1 week of learning the offence.

Too bad BC didn't think of trading Jennings for Manziel. 

Hate Montreal but league needs them to be relevant to prop up markets like BC I guess.

Gonna ride the Lulay train for Wally's last year I guess. They need to find the next franchise guy though. Lulay is like 34 and injury prone the last few seasons. He plays good for now but is not the future. 

Need to get younger and better American and even Canadian talent.

Seems always Saskatchewan or Toronto or Hamilton or Montreal etc get the bigger names to join.

BC seems to avoid higher profile ex NFL guys or even getting players from bigger name div 1 NCAA schools.

BC Lions used to have a great relationship with the Dolphins thanks to Bob Ackles and it netted them game changers like Cam Wake and Stefan Logan.

Martell Mallett was a 1 year wonder as a rookie I still remember the game he shredded the Alouettes and ran for over 200 yards that game in BC place.

Roy Shivers got them the very talented but troubled Yonus Davis.

Then they added Tim Brown a few years there solid and reliable but nothing special like an Ian Smart.

Then they luckily stole Chris Rainey from Montreal for an older Stefan Logan like how Nashville stole Subban for Weber.

Rainey is good but is getting up there in age for an RB. Buono has never unlocked his potential as a RB and sticks him to the return game only.

I don't blame him though... Rainey is not built to tote the rock 15 times a game week in and week out along with touches from kickoff returns and punt returns.

Lions will still struggle to fill seats.

When is the last time the BC Lions had a CFL ROY contender? Just shows how poor their talent acquisition has been the last 4 years.

The Stampeders have become like the CFLs Patriots perennial contenders who breeze through the regular season the last 5 years.

Then you have Edmonton who has been good since the Lions gave up Riley to stick with Lulay.

The Lions have been bad or mediocre at best since the Grey Cup win and went in the toilet like the Canucks.

Not even the Whitecaps could fully take advantage thanks to ownership not wanting to pay big money for a proven goal scorer.

Can't wait for the NFL and European soccer to start until then nothing to watch... except for Manziel? 

To be frank, BC hasn't had a winning team in awile :( whitecaps arent doing well, canucks rebuilding for a few more years and who knows what will happen down the road ( not guaranteed a winner ) and BC Lions are struggling :( its kinda depressing as a fan

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

To be frank, BC hasn't had a winning team in awile :( whitecaps arent doing well, canucks rebuilding for a few more years and who knows what will happen down the road ( not guaranteed a winner ) and BC Lions are struggling :( its kinda depressing as a fan

We are about less than a month away from NFL football and the big European football leagues starting.

Thank goodness the summer time deadzone for major team sports is almost over.

World Cup did a great job of filling a month. 

17 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

Vancouver Canadians

• 2012: Defeated Everett 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Boise 2-1 to win championship.
  • 2013: Defeated Everett 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Boise 2-1 to win championship.
  • 2014: Defeated Spokane 2-0 in semifinals; lost to Hillsboro 2-0 in finals.
  • 2017: Defeated Spokane 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Eugene 3-1 to win championship.

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

We are about less than a month away from NFL football and the big European football leagues starting.

Thank goodness the summer time deadzone for major team sports is almost over.

World Cup did a great job of filling a month. 

omg i know :) , NFL will be awesome and European football preseason starting soon, im actually very excited esp since ronaldo has joined my favorite team ...Juventus , but really i like alot of teams, esp teams in the premier league , i have BEIN TV just for the footy lol, and sportsnet world, i been watching alot of rugby NRL, and never liked it till recently lol.....

as for the world cup, the month went so fast :(

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Vancouver Canadians

• 2012: Defeated Everett 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Boise 2-1 to win championship.
  • 2013: Defeated Everett 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Boise 2-1 to win championship.
  • 2014: Defeated Spokane 2-0 in semifinals; lost to Hillsboro 2-0 in finals.
  • 2017: Defeated Spokane 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Eugene 3-1 to win championship.

vancouver canadians who? forgot we had a minor league baseball team ^.^

On 7/22/2018 at 6:11 PM, gurn said:

Manziel traded to Montreal

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel, offensive tackle Tony Washington, and offensive lineman Landon Rice to the Montreal Alouettes for defensive end Jamaal Westerman, receiver Chris Williams and a first-round pick in 2020 and 2021.

and they also now have bowman , so manziel will get his chance, wont be this week, but he will start against his old team hamilton ....( if the game goes bad against edm, he may see some reps, but i wouldnt hold my breathe on that )