The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Absolutely. In past years Jon and Lulay ran a lot of option plays but they were ineffective because the QB never ran. 

I’m okay with Jennings tucking the ball and runn No on those planned options, providing he gets out of bounds or slides.  I don’t want to see him taking contact.  

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m okay with Jennings tucking the ball and runn No on those planned options, providing he gets out of bounds or slides.  I don’t want to see him taking contact.  

Not until Lulay is 100%

Article in todays Vancouver Province on Lions legend Glen Jackson, seems his memory has really taken a turn for the worse over the last few months. He had to retire from his teaching job in April, still works out 5 times a week, says if he doesn't he seizes up, he is working out his mind now to try and slow his deterioration.

18 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I just found out today that Adam Bighill was a member of the Blue Bombers...that really sucks, the guy is a monster.

Since people were asking, there is an article here about why he chose the Bombers.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/05/25/adam-bighill-became-winnipeg-blue-bomber/

I have to laugh when he says he has proven that he could play in the NFL and dominate.  If that was really the case he would still be playing in the NFL.  At any rate, he isn't wrong about the experience of playing at BC Place. I personally love the stadium, mostly because my season tickets used to be in the club lounge, but the place is too big for the current fan support.  I gave up my tickets this year partially for that reason.  The other reason is the time and effort it takes to attend games when the team has mostly played like crap for the past few seasons.

13 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I have to laugh when he says he has proven that he could play in the NFL and dominate.  If that was really the case he would still be playing in the NFL.  At any rate, he isn't wrong about the experience of playing at BC Place. I personally love the stadium, mostly because my season tickets used to be in the club lounge, but the place is too big for the current fan support.  I gave up my tickets this year partially for that reason.  The other reason is the time and effort it takes to attend games when the team has mostly played like crap for the past few seasons.

Would you buy back your season tickets if we traded for Johnny Football?  

31 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I thought about that too! Then checked out how he did. 1 tackle in 3 games. Not exactly dominating.

Didn't they play at a pretty good venue a few years back when they were installing the new retractable dome roof at BC Place?

9 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Didn't they play at a pretty good venue a few years back when they were installing the new retractable dome roof at BC Place?

I went to one game while they were in the temporary stadium.  It was OK.  It was great being outside, but it lacked the amenities and accessibility a permanent stadium would have.  Plus, being away from downtown and Skytrain made for a commuting nightmare.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Don’t break your ankles 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I went to one game while they were in the temporary stadium.  It was OK.  It was great being outside, but it lacked the amenities and accessibility a permanent stadium would have.  Plus, being away from downtown and Skytrain made for a commuting nightmare.

Yeah I went to the game against the Argos there great experience but coming from the island it was a pain in the ass to make the trip. BC place i can leave the car on the island and bus and walk over and stay downtown 

The BC Lions need to get Chris Rainey more involved in the offense if he is shutdown in the kick and punt return game. Let Jeremiah Johnson return kickoffs and some other guy for punts keep Rainey for offence. 

See what he can do with a decent amount of touches to work with.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:21 PM, Alflives said:

Would you buy back your season tickets if we traded for Johnny Football?  

No. Honestly after the way the organization has gone over the past few years, I need a season off. Living where I do, having season tickets is a huge time commitment.  You add the mediocre play and lack of fans, it gets very tiring.  When I started being a season ticket holder the Lions were averaging 35,000 or so.  Last season was maybe 18,000. My bet this year they'll average maybe 15,000.

I'll likely still go to 3-4 games, but it feels good right now not to be committed to going to games.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, diesel_3 said:

I thought about that too! Then checked out how he did. 1 tackle in 3 games. Not exactly dominating.

Yeah, they played at Empire right beside the PNE grounds.  As goalie13 mentioned it was just a temporary stadium. Had a blast at the games but it was a real pain to get to and the facilities sucked.  Amazing views though.

Edited by Grapefruits
  • Cheers 1

On 6/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, Chip Kelly said:

The BC Lions need to get Chris Rainey more involved in the offense if he is shutdown in the kick and punt return game. Let Jeremiah Johnson return kickoffs and some other guy for punts keep Rainey for offence. 

See what he can do with a decent amount of touches to work with.

Rainey had two td's called back last night on punt returns. How many times is that in the time he has spent in the Leos camp? Far too often, it's like the zebras are looking for something, anything, in games to throw flags. I'm not sure if other returners have this happen, but man, that gets more people out of their seats when someone even looks like they're going to go the distance.

The game last night wasn't anything but a pre-season game.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Rainey had two td's called back last night on punt returns. How many times is that in the time he has spent in the Leos camp? Far too often, it's like the zebras are looking for something, anything, in games to throw flags. I'm not sure if other returners have this happen, but man, that gets more people out of their seats when someone even looks like they're going to go the distance.

The game last night wasn't anything but a pre-season game.

The Superbowl was enjoyable because of the lack of penalties called. Were there missed calls? Absolutely, but that happens even if almost everything is called. 

I agree that the CFL is flag happy, and it always makes me hesitant to cheer for a big TD, especially on special teams.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spur1 said:

Both backs need more touches.

I pray that Jarious lets the backs run loose more often. 

Yes! It will protect the QB more too, and then you get a viable play action. You have to stick with the run though, and really solidify it by the end of the first half.

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Going to Stamps opener against Ti-Cats

Gifted tickets. Row 8  :) 

Probably get rained on.

Good thing my date is cute.  ::D 

Take an umbrella incase you don’t want to see her when the make up comes off:P

I barely watch CFL but I am curious to see how Manziel performs. TSN has been lighting my phone up with notifications after every little thing he does.