The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

33 minutes ago, DonLever said:

On TV a lawyer said while the streaker was in the wrong, his actions do not negate the hard tackle by the BC lion.  It is similar to what happens if someone broke into your, you are not allowed to kill him.

Defend yourself is more like it.

It is a total shame this idiot can even hire a lawyer and claim damage in this case.  Though it shows where we are in society today.  Years ago this idiot would have taken his lumps and accepted he got what he deserved.  Nowadays people think they can break the rules and possibly make a quick buck.

BC Place needs to step up and ban him for life instead of just one year. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pleasantly surprised to see the Ti-Cats knock off the Eskies last night. Masoli looked very good, but Deadmonton's D looked lost out there...

I still want to see Manziel :(

Bombers killed the Als, but that's no surprise because the Als are a lot like the dumpster fire the Bombers used to be.

Get over the idiot...he is history.

On to what really counts....the next game...a 4 pointer.

Edmonton are looking beatable but don't kid yourself they still have bite.

If the Lions come to play....well I'm thinking the game is ours.

The D will lead the way.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, DonLever said:

On TV a lawyer said while the streaker was in the wrong, his actions do not negate the hard tackle by the BC lion.  It is similar to what happens if someone broke into your, you are not allowed to kill him.

well put this in your pipe and smoke on it a bit

a completely drunk person can get in their vehicle and drive illegally

and come to a complete stop at an intersection where the light has turned red

and be rear ended and sustain injuries

and be 100% not liable for that accident

and that makes sense and is fair

it is also pretty well known

that a bar/pub takes on liability if they completely over serve a patron

or even any one of us who invites friends over and facilitates an evening of heavy drinking

and then take no steps to ensure that person can get home safely

so now we have a complete drunk who goes on the field during a football game

who was most likely served the alcohol he consumed by bc place concession

and the bc security staff do nothing when this sot is doing his silly stuff

which results in a football player (feeling somewhat threatened?) taking matters into his own hands

and due to lack of experience with this situation he lays that drunk idiot out with a devastating hit wearing full gear

and causes significant injuries to a drunk who is wearing zero gear.. and is in fact partly naked

it is a bit of a dilemma to easily conclude that the drunk guy is totally responsible

seems to me some blame can be shared

Edited by coastal.view

10 hours ago, gurn said:

Maybe Hamilton trades him to Toronto, they need help with Ricky Ray gone for ………..

The season, and quite possibly his career, according to Dave Naylor.

FTR: Naylor doesn't think Toronto would trade for Manziel. Trestman is pretty old school and the expectation is that he'll go with the guy he signed as an insurance policy for the event that Ray retired in the off-season. He isn't a big fan of the sideshow athlete....

11 hours ago, coastal.view said:

well put this in your pipe and smoke on it a bit

a completely drunk person can get in their vehicle and drive illegally

and come to a complete stop at an intersection where the light has turned red

and be rear ended and sustain injuries

and be 100% not liable for that accident

and that makes sense and is fair

it is also pretty well known

that a bar/pub takes on liability if they completely over serve a patron

or even any one of us who invites friends over and facilitates an evening of heavy drinking

and then take no steps to ensure that person can get home safely

so now we have a complete drunk who goes on the field during a football game

who was most likely served the alcohol he consumed by bc place concession

and the bc security staff do nothing when this sot is doing his silly stuff

which results in a football player (feeling somewhat threatened?) taking matters into his own hands

and due to lack of experience with this situation he lays that drunk idiot out with a devastating hit wearing full gear

and causes significant injuries to a drunk who is wearing zero gear.. and is in fact partly naked

it is a bit of a dilemma to easily conclude that the drunk guy is totally responsible

seems to me some blame can be shared

Hard to say he was over served when he could still run like he did. 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vexed-by-rental-market-bc-lions-player-offers-season-tickets-to-potential-landlords-1.3994961

It's no secret that finding housing in Metro Vancouver's red-hot rental market is a challenge.

The latest person feeling tested by it, though, is a professional football player looking for a home for his family for the duration of the season.

BC Lions offensive lineman Jovian Olafioye took to Twitter Wednesday asking for help finding somewhere to live.

"It's very frustrating," he told CTV News in an interview Friday. "A lot of them have been saying stuff like I'm not a resident. So if I wanted to up and leave, I could. So that's been a turnoff for them."

He said the hardest part about the hunt is being away from his family. His fiancée and two kids, the youngest just seven months old, are still in Pittsburgh. They're waiting until he finds a home before moving to the Lower Mainland.

He's looking for either a condo or a townhouse with at least two bedrooms that's fully furnished. He's fairly flexible about location, as long as it's close to the SkyTrain so he can commute to practice in Surrey and to his games downtown.

"I'm tired of living out of a hotel, living out of a suitcase," he said. "I'm ready to get a place, and be focused on the season instead of worrying about this."

He's willing to sweeten the deal for his future landlord by throwing in season tickets to BC Lions games and some free team merchandise.

"I'm a really good tenant. I pay all my bills on time. Of course, season tickets if you want 'em," he said. "Hopefully you can help me out. You won't regret it, trust me."

Olafioye returned to play with the Lions this year after spending last season with the Montreal Alouettes.

He's had trouble with Vancouver's housing market before. The year before last, he didn't find a home until August, when the season was already underway.

This year, he said about 10 of his teammates are still house hunting, too.

"People are helping me out, sending me [direct messages] on Twitter [with places]. But they're in Chilliwack or Point Roberts. I don't want to have to drive that far to work every day."

On 6/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, spur1 said:

Get over the idiot...he is history.

On to what really counts....the next game...a 4 pointer.

Edmonton are looking beatable but don't kid yourself they still have bite.

If the Lions come to play....well I'm thinking the game is ours.

The D will lead the way.

They looked like matadors, and had no pass rush in the entire 2nd half. I turned it off at the 5 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. The game was ovah! Time to put an end to Wally ball.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

They looked like matadors, and had no pass rush in the entire 2nd half. I turned it off at the 5 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. The game was ovah! Time to put an end to Wally ball.

Time to trade for JOHNNY FOOTBALL!!!  

He would fill the seats, be entertaining, and win us games. 

• Cheers 1

Looks like the same old Lions.   They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs again.

As for Jennings,  how much longer they going to use that excuse, "he's young".  It is plain to see he is not the right quarterback for the BC lions.

Attendance for the BC Lions will continue to decline if this keeps up.  Opening day was around 20,000, getting smaller all the time.  The demographics are all wrong for them.

Women are not interested in attending,  Millennials are not going, ethnic minorities are not going.  And people who really like football are watching the NFL.   I think the Seattle Seahawks have a bigger fanbase than the Lions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DonLever said:

Looks like the same old Lions.   They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs again.

As for Jennings,  how much longer they going to use that excuse, "he's young".  It is plain to see he is not the right quarterback for the BC lions.

Attendance for the BC Lions will continue to decline if this keeps up.  Opening day was around 20,000, getting smaller all the time.  The demographics are all wrong for them.

Women are not interested in attending,  Millennials are not going, ethnic minorities are not going.  And people who really like football are watching the NFL.   I think the Seattle Seahawks have a bigger fanbase than the Lions.

This woman is interested .... and patient.  We're 1-1 on the season, came off a bye just as we got rolling and had officials who didn't know what they were doing.  That phantom call against Sol to cover a mistake?  Wasn't there.  And Long was contacted twice that I saw but...nothing.  We didn't lose because of it but it helped the Eskies keep momentum.

I don't think Jennings has the focus he needs...I see a guy who, after a couple successful plays, starts forcing things and sometimes it's best to just throw the ball away (like when you're JUST within possible long fg positioning but go down for a loss that pushes you back a few yards).

MR looked good when he got rolling.  Gable went into beast mode after he was shook p a bit.  Have to give credit where it's due.

I  don't feel that Jennings is the leader we need and when things collapse around him, that he's adequately prepared for that.  That part's not his fault, so it all needs work.  But he lacks decisiveness and focus at times.

In 2011 I had patience when people cashed out AND I got tickets to the WF and GC.  So this is FAR too early to tell.....   How about those Riders though?   ;)

• Wat 1

The Lions problem is they have struggled to bring in good young Canadian talent so they can have ratio flexibility and play more Americans in key spots rather than wasting on the O Line.

Haven't had a good safety since Barron Miles.

The team needs to be younger and they need to recruit some better NFL cuts.

Guys from big name colleges.

BC the last 4 years has relied on quick fix veteran CFL free agents instead of doing their jobs in recruiting and scouting these American players who are interested in giving the CFL a shot and for whatever reason were passed over by the NFL.

Chris Rainey was good and seems to have talent but they don't give him the ball enough.

The OL,DL and playcalling need to be better.

These team is full of merecnearies where are the next Adam Bighills and Solomon Elimimians?

Who is the next Angus Reid,Rob Murphy, and Jason Jimenez?

Who is the next Dante Marsh and Korey Banks and Ryan Phillips?

That is the problem.

• Wat 1

On 6/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, Shift-4 said:

Is he going to sue for being a &^@#ing idiot?

yes he hired some lawyers from the east coast ...but alot feel he wont get much, if anything..cause it was his fault for trespassing onto the field and being intoxicated 

lions have posibilites this year, but we have only scored 4 touch downs, JJ needs to improve on that ....teams like edm have 11 and a couple others are around 11 and 10 ....so we still need some work, hopefully will improve once the guys play with each other more, as alot are new so will take a few games to get into the rhythm 

Looks like a long season again for the Lions.   Tonight the Lions got crushed 41-19, which looks better than it actually was because the score was 41 to 13 before garbage time with 10 seconds left when the Lions scored a TD.

Nothing positive to say about the lions performance.  Both their offense and defense sucked.   How did Mark Washington the defensive co-ordinator manage to remain from last year is unfathomable when the defence was awful last year and awful this year.  As for the offence,  it in no better under the new offensive co-ordinator Jarius Jackson who was a 2nd rate back up quarterback anyway.

As for Jennings,  he simply is not the right QB for the BC lions.

Adam Bighill played great for the Bombers.  He had 2 interceptions with one all the way to the end zone.  Why the  BC lions fail to resign him after he came back from the NFL is a big mystery.   Probably too cheap to pay him what he wants.   Whatever it is, a big mistake.

• Upvote 1