The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Despite losing to Ottawa,  Lulay played very well.   Now 2 games in road the BC offense is performing much better under Lulay.  It is more evidence that Jennings is not right QB for the Lions.   Should Lulay get injured again, the Lions will be finished this year.

It was a missed opportunity for the lions not to obtain Manziel.  It also show how incompetent the entire Lions organization, from ownership downward in not thinking forward.  Just having Manziel in the stadium would have brought a few more thousand more people in the seats of BC Place.   Instead attendance in BC Place will stagnate around 20,000 people.

Montreal certainly was not afraid to obtain Manziel.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DonLever said:

So Hamilton got rid of a guy they never gave a chance to in favour of a QB (Masoli) who has lost 3 of 5 games?   Could be a big mistake on behalf of Hamilton.

I can’t believe we didn’t (at least) try to get Johnny Football.  Our attendance is terrible, and interest in the team continues to wane.  Manziel would have helped us with both those, and winning too.  Montreal made a very smart move.  Too bad they already made their visit here:(

12 hours ago, DonLever said:

Despite losing to Ottawa,  Lulay played very well.   Now 2 games in road the BC offense is performing much better under Lulay.  It is more evidence that Jennings is not right QB for the Lions.   Should Lulay get injured again, the Lions will be finished this year.

It was a missed opportunity for the lions not to obtain Manziel.  It also show how incompetent the entire Lions organization, from ownership downward in not thinking forward.  Just having Manziel in the stadium would have brought a few more thousand more people in the seats of BC Place.   Instead attendance in BC Place will stagnate around 20,000 people.

Montreal certainly was not afraid to obtain Manziel.

Done already

Agree with Manziel chance lost

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Done already

Agree with Manziel chance lost

Yup.  We should have traded the next three firsts, and got us Johnny Football.  Now watch Johnny light up the league, and attendance be packed where ever he plays.  

On 7/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, gurn said:

Manziel traded to Montreal

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel, offensive tackle Tony Washington, and offensive lineman Landon Rice to the Montreal Alouettes for defensive end Jamaal Westerman, receiver Chris Williams and a first-round pick in 2020 and 2021.

I'm looking forward to watching Montreal now.

• Like 1

Yes cause BC management feel JJ is the future lol, what load of crap .....hes proven countless times hes not rofl, and agree manziel woulda been great, but to be honest, our receiving core isnt that good, they dropped several good passes by lulay ...one should retire aka manny ( love the guy, but times up :( ) , a few others have been inconsistent all year .......just alot of question marks this year 

BC LIONS ACQUIRE DL SHAWN LEMON IN TRADE WITH TORONTO  Oboy ^_^

(The BC Lions Football Club today announced it has acquired international defensive lineman Shawn Lemon from the Toronto Argonauts in exchange for a player on the club’s negotiation list).

It's probably TO , i know BC was interested in that old man :P

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz

On 2018-07-24 at 4:27 PM, spur1 said:

We need the improved pass rush.

Could have made the difference last game. 

On 2018-07-24 at 2:09 PM, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

BC LIONS ACQUIRE DL SHAWN LEMON IN TRADE WITH TORONTO  Oboy ^_^

(The BC Lions Football Club today announced it has acquired international defensive lineman Shawn Lemon from the Toronto Argonauts in exchange for a player on the club’s negotiation list).

It's probably TO , i know BC was interested in that old man :P

Wow another ex Eskimo. I am just shocked...

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/30/jerome-messam-released-riders-following-criminal-charge/

REGINA — The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released running back Jerome Messam following a criminal charge dating back to November of 2016.

The league also announced, in a statement issued Monday, that it will not file a future contract for Messam should any team attempt to sign him:

“The Canadian Football League is aware that Jerome Messam has been charged with Voyeurism, a Criminal Code offence. He has been released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Commissioner Randy Ambrosie has informed all member clubs that the league will not register a contract for Messam should any team attempt to sign him. We will have no further comment on this matter as it is before the courts.”

Wow, was upset when we let him go.  But, maybe not?......

Another bad game for BC :( , ( the def played ok )  i have watched all there games, and i feel they are actually worse than last years squad :( , and its very hard to watch .....its not lulays fault nor wallys...

I really think they shoulda let go the DC , im not a fan of washington ...and feel if they had someone else there whos better, the bc lions defence would be alot better ...yes we have lemon, odell etc ......but i think players like odel, isnt fitting well with washington def style, and i know hes alot better than how hes playing this year.

lulay made some great passes, and WR's either dropped em, or didnt catch ...i really think we need some new blood in the wide receiver position ...who i dont know. 

The 2 wins we did get this year, i think 1 was a fluke, and the other win was against a team worse than the lions ( Montreal ) as for the Winnipeg game, if it weren't  for moe and odel, we woulda lost that one too.

If we lose against edmonton this comming week, i think it maybe time for a change, or we wont even make the playoffs if the team stays the way it is now :( very frustrating ...

we just cant beat any teams that are decent or good :( Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

Another bad game for BC :( , ( the def played ok )  i have watched all there games, and i feel they are actually worse than last years squad :( , and its very hard to watch .....its not lulays fault nor wallys...

I really think they shoulda let go the DC , im not a fan of washington ...and feel if they had someone else there whos better, the bc lions defence would be alot better ...yes we have lemon, odell etc ......but i think players like odel, isnt fitting well with washington def style, and i know hes alot better than how hes playing this year.

lulay made some great passes, and WR's either dropped em, or didnt catch ...i really think we need some new blood in the wide receiver position ...who i dont know. 

The 2 wins we did get this year, i think 1 was a fluke, and the other win was against a team worse than the lions ( Montreal ) as for the Winnipeg game, if it weren't  for moe and odel, we woulda lost that one too.

If we lose against edmonton this comming week, i think it maybe time for a change, or we wont even make the playoffs if the team stays the way it is now :( very frustrating ...

we just cant beat any teams that are decent or good :( Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They could use some speed at wr. And a better d line or OL wouldn't hurt. Relying on 2 CFL veterans won't work without some new guys getting a push in the interior.

Bo Levi put on a show avoiding O'Dell and Lemondrops constantly buying time in the pocket by stepping up and around pressure off the edge.

They need to put Lemon and O'Dell lined up over the center or guard to penetrate up the middle.

21 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Im tired of Wally Buono he may be the GOAT CFL HC but it is very obvious it is time for him to go.

They need a younger minded more modern HC ideally an offensive guy.

Another go round with Benevides could be the back up plan without Wally around to hover over him.

I'm tired of seeing the same recycled coaches in the CFL. It's usually someone whom the game has passed by, (like Wally) or a former player with limited coaching experience.

The other option seems to be coaches from US colleges, who struggle (at first, at least) to adapt to the Canadian game. My question is: Why not a Canadian university HC? Glen Constantin of Laval has done nothing but win for the better part of a decade, but I can't recall ever hearing him (or any other CIAU coach) getting consideration for a CFL job.

• Upvote 1

well bc plays edmonton , i play fantasy football, picked a couple of edmon, and no bc lions lol, ....our wr are getting old ( minus burnam and collins ) and it shows on the field , lulay can only do so much .......back in the day when lulay was at his prime, we had some of the best wr in the game, some legendary players i miss :( and were awesome

Lui Passaglia , geroy simon , shawn gore , oj brigance , paul mccallum , jaime taras , angus reid , james quick parker , adam bighill etc ....so many :(

but what really pissed me off was we didnt resign adam bighill , imagine if we had him back with moe, we woulda be 100times better ...he left for the nfl on good terms, so was shocked to see him in winnipeg , he even said in a interview that he was shocked bc didnt resign him, but winnipeg did :(  ....still really sour about this, he was a huge fan favorite and always put in 120%