The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

This goes to show how one missed play can have a huge effect....

Lions' receiver drops what should have been an easy catch....instead of a first down, the Leos have to punt and Rainey takes it all the way back. Huge momentum swing, just because a guy didn't look the ball all the way in to his hands.<_<

• Cheers 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

This goes to show how one missed play can have a huge effect....

Lions' receiver drops what should have been an easy catch....instead of a first down, the Leos have to punt and Rainey takes it all the way back. Huge momentum swing, just because a guy didn't look the ball all the way in to his hands.<_<

That was a brutal drop.

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

...and there was an identical one on the previous series. Luckily for BC, the Toronto DB was just as bad, missing what should have been an easy pick...

Ugly game.  I actually like the group.  Tons of turnover doesn’t surprise me with the slow start.  They just need to win one and get rolling. 

• Cheers 1

Anyone know whose decision it was for Toronto to pooch kick the ball with just about a minute left?

When the second field goal attempt missed I was "This is so BC Lions this year", then to find out they won on the rouge. 

CFL it ain't over till it is over.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Anyone know whose decision it was for Toronto to pooch kick the ball with just about a minute left?

When the second field goal attempt missed I was "This is so BC Lions this year", then to find out they won on the rouge. 

CFL it ain't over till it is over.

It was strange, because the announcers seemed to be hanging it on the kicker. It was kind of backed up, because they had the live mic on the head coach and he said they were going to kick it deep...

It's odd that any kicker would take such a decision upon himself, though. It's possible the special teams coach made the call. Either way, a BC team that was building a reputation for shooting itself in the foot, was outdrawn by an expert crew of Toronto marksmen in this case....

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, Rosalie73 said:

The Bombers are 3-0. Apocalypse is near, my friends. lol

Well, the defense has been very good to start the year, even with some offensive hiccups. I'm still not convinced after the first 3 games, and would like to see us play against Calgary (with Bo in) to truly see where we are. The Bombers are great at finding ways to lose in the playoffs (if we get there), so it's hard to get overly excited :P 

hard to believe

that all the secondary teams in this market are turning into tire fires

man the lions look bad despite the win over the argos

whitecaps are a nothing team.. and just got shellacked by a good one (and have managed to alienate so many fans this season as well)

canadians really have trouble scoring runs and wins

i guess we'll all need to get excited

for when lacrosse gets started again

that team looks like it will have potential

6 hours ago, coastal.view said:

hard to believe

that all the secondary teams in this market are turning into tire fires

man the lions look bad despite the win over the argos

whitecaps are a nothing team.. and just got shellacked by a good one (and have managed to alienate so many fans this season as well)

canadians really have trouble scoring runs and wins

i guess we'll all need to get excited

for when lacrosse gets started again

that team looks like it will have potential

Don’t write the Lions off  just yet. 

Edited by spur1

On 7/6/2019 at 6:14 PM, ilduce39 said:

Ugly game.  I actually like the group.  Tons of turnover doesn’t surprise me with the slow start.  They just need to win one and get rolling. 

Defence needs to be better.

Also they have nothing at punt returner.

Very average RBs and run game also.

I don't see them going very far this year.

It will be a building year unless they get a late season lift from NFL cuts.