The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I just finished watching the game on the PVR. Andrew Harris is such a stud. With the additional weight he gained in the off season, tacklers are just bouncing off him and his speed isn't compromised. It's really nice to see how he has progressed as a tailback in this league. With Kelly Bates mentoring him, Harris has shown so much patience before attacking the hole. So many guys just run into the hole with full speed, but end up hitting their own O-lineman. All 3 of Harris' TD's were him doing a bit of a stutter step to wait for the blocking to develop. Thumbs up all the way. He sort of reminds me of Pinball Clemons.

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Arceneaux. He had his issues with drops during his first stint with the Lions and I didn't think that the Lions should have signed him back for big dollars. He has proven me wrong so far. It looks like in the couple of years he was in the NFL, he has fixed his dropsies and is showing some serious speed on the deep routes.

CFL on TSN (@CFLonTSN) tweeted at 11:28am - 25 Jul 13:

.@CFL has fined Bombers OL Glenn January & DB Teague Sherman + Lions WR Emmanuel Arceneaux for using a prop during TD celebration #CFL #TSN

Really? Come on.

CFL on TSN (@CFLonTSN) tweeted at 11:28am - 25 Jul 13:

.@CFL has fined Bombers OL Glenn January & DB Teague Sherman + Lions WR Emmanuel Arceneaux for using a prop during TD celebration #CFL #TSN

If anything, I thought it would be the canoe ride through the endzone that would have gotten the fine...but I guess Arcy used a prop. Lame!!

I'm a little ambivalent about last night's game...

On one hand, I love seeing the Eskies lose and will continue to do so as long as they leave up those 30 yr old "City of Champions" highway signs.

However, I'd like to see Reilly succeed and last night he should have. (even taking into account Kavis Reed's brutal mismanagement of the QB situation) The penultimte play absolutely should have been reviewed, giving the Esks time to come up with a better play than the peewee fire drill that we saw to end the game.

It was also the first loss of the season by a western team to an eastern squad. Quite frankly, I was enjoying the complete domination by the west.

I don't know how Riders are winning but they won't win the Grey Cup.

they will if they keep on winning.

it's got to happen eventually. just make sure there are only 12 guys on the field at all times.

Edited by avelanch

I don't know how Riders are winning but they won't win the Grey Cup.

Saskatchewan is the perfect villain for the CFL - obnoxious fanbase, decent but over-hyped team, and they always satisfyingly choke in the playoffs.

wait....

that sounds dangerously like the Canucks, except the Riders don't dive, bite or pull hair... they just can't count.

Edited by ilduce39

Saskatchewan is the perfect villain for the CFL - obnoxious fanbase, decent but over-hyped team, and they always satisfyingly choke in the playoffs.

wait....

that sounds dangerously like the Canucks, except the Riders don't dive, bite or pull hair... they just can't count.

woww...if only the Canucks had the support ,like how my province back the Riders.

#1 fan base in Canada ,for any proffesional sports team,merchandise proves it.(ignorning maple leafs due too population)

Over hyped...since when?? Lately we have been labelled inconsistent , among other things..and in the past Montreal was king

Edited by naslund.is.king

wait....

Doubt he's a canucks fan

• Upvote 1

I remember when the Riders were the lovable losers. They were so bad you felt bad for them. I saw their true colors when they had a bit of success. Their fans are so cocky, but that's what makes it fun. Rider fans is what Canadian Football League is all about. I wish every fan base was like that especially here in BC and Toronto. Since 2004 Western Final, the Riders have been my most hated team and I love it.

What's wrong with the special teams? Neither guy Brown or Williams are creating on their own on returns and instead just following up the blockers backs.

They need to have vision and set up their own lanes and lead where they want the blockers to go not the other way around.

I still think they need to get Williams back in there and tell him to forget about blocking and just hit the return with full speed and get to the outside and let his blockers clear the way to cut back if necessary.

Williams can hit the home run but right now he is over thinking it. Brown can hit some solid doubles but he is not a home run threat.

Either way the special teams needs to get it figured out because as of now they are dead last in the league in both kickoff and punt return yards.

It's actually amazing how good the offence has operated with poor starting field position to work with most of the time. Lulay has done a good job putting long drives together.

Other than that the d seems to coming together. Secondary is holding up and d-line is starting to get pressure just need to finish to get sacks.

Also safety has been good so far by Larose to not get burned deep unlike Muamba last year.

woww...if only the Canucks had the support ,like how my province back the Riders.

#1 fan base in Canada ,for any proffesional sports team,merchandise proves it.(ignorning maple leafs due too population)

Over hyped...since when?? Lately we have been labelled inconsistent , among other things..and in the past Montreal was king

What other professional teams are there to support in Sask?