The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Wow, I knew coming in it was going to be tough to beat the Stamps with them on this emotional high, but this is beyond embarrassing...

Did the coaching staff even attempt to prepare the team before this game? They look like they have no idea what they're doing out there offensively and defensively. All the new players are looking TERRIBLE!

In the third quarter, after the Lions had scored two touchdowns, on their third possession Lulay came up a bit short on a run and it was third and less than a yard. The ball was in the Lions half of the field, so they punted. I was hoping they'd go for it. They had the momentum, and if they could have scored on that possession it could really have shook up the Stamps. Instead, the Stamps got the ball and marched it down the field for a touchdown.

I guess you can't fault the decision since it was probably the 'sensible' one. But sometimes I think a coach should take a chance and just roll with it.

No matter. In the CFL - where eight teams play eighteen games each to eliminate two teams - each single game is almost an exhibition game. What counts is how the team is playing near the end of the season.

I think we need to call a spade a spade here. The Leos made it somewhat respectable in the 2nd half, but that was the worst beat down I've seen since Rodney King.

Lousy tackling, poor coverage, poor pass protection, no run game......they even missed a PAT for the first time since Earl Grey drank his first cuppa...