The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Home from the game. What a win ! I was concerned after last week and pre season, but they definitely got their game together and pulled thru tonight. So happy with the results tonight.

This year marks year 7 as a season ticket holder, but I averaged 5 games a years for about15 years before that.

• Upvote 1

Home from the game. What a win ! I was concerned after last week and pre season, but they definitely got their game together and pulled thru tonight. So happy with the results tonight.

This year marks year 7 as a season ticket holder, but I averaged 5 games a years for about15 years before that.

One question. Was there any sign of a "Geroy's Corner" anymore? Maybe a different player? Or is it totally gone.

One question. Was there any sign of a "Geroy's Corner" anymore? Maybe a different player? Or is it totally gone.

Completely gone, It was about 2 sections over from me. I hope the owners of the sign pull it out for the game vs Saskatchewan, I am sure they will.

Who was the player of the game in your opinions? Didn't watch. Did Lulay play well? How was the defensive line? Offensive line?

Honestly, it was a good overall team effort. Harris was great and would be my pick. Nick Moore had a good game. Elimimian. Lulay played well. A few breakdowns on the O-line but, to me, it looked like TO was close to offside. Crummy thing was that Bighill was injured...looked like a knee and not so good.

They looked much more energized and in synch. Last week they were completely off but they came out strong tonight.

Honestly, it was a good overall team effort. Harris was great and would be my pick. Nick Moore had a good game. Elimimian. Lulay played well. A few breakdowns on the O-line but, to me, it looked like TO was close to offside. Crummy thing was that Bighill was injured...looked like a knee and not so good.

They looked much more energized and in synch. Last week they were completely off but they came out strong tonight.

Awesome. I knew it would take them a game or two to gel without Geroy and Bruce but they seem to be much better synched now. Thanks for the review.

^ You're welcome. :)

One thing I will say is that Lulay's throwing a few "thread the needle" passes and while, they are spectacular grabs when they happen, a few times they kind of put our guys in vulnerable positions and at risk. Love the guy but, hopefully, our guys can get a little more open. I think this is because our play calling needs a little work as the opposition's kind of figured out our gameplan. Glad we're using the run more and can mix things up a bit. Cringe when a guy goes up in triple coverage to try to make a catch.

^ You're welcome. :)

One thing I will say is that Lulay's throwing a few "thread the needle" passes and while, they are spectacular grabs when they happen, a few times they kind of put our guys in vulnerable positions and at risk. Love the guy but, hopefully, our guys can get a little more open. I think this is because our play calling needs a little work as the opposition's kind of figured out our gameplan. Glad we're using the run more and can mix things up a bit. Cringe when a guy goes up in triple coverage to try to make a catch.

Ya, Shawn Gore is a great slot and I know they are expected to run the tough routes inside like slants but wow, he won't have a long career if he keeps getting popped like that every time he catches the ball. It seems like they are ALWAYS running Gore on the slant with a safety over the top licking his chops. Give the guy some fades or curls LOL.

Honestly, it was a good overall team effort.  Harris was great and would be my pick.  Nick Moore had a good game.  Elimimian.  Lulay played well.  A few breakdowns on the O-line but, to me, it looked like TO was close to offside.    Crummy thing was that Bighill was injured...looked like a knee and not so good.

They looked much more energized and in synch.  Last week they were completely off but they came out strong tonight.

It does suck that Bighill was hurt, but on the plus side, the Leos have the depth to overcome these things.

Solomon stepped right up and I think it bears noting that MacKenzie (who was the real fill in for AB) made the open field tackle on Ray that sealed the deal in the 4th.

I also have to give props to Chapdelaine here. Over the years I've been a pretty big critic of his, but yesterday, the offense showed several wrinkles that kept the Argos guessing all night. I especially liked the sweep using Manny.

If I had a criticism, I'd say that Travis needed to air it out a bit more. I didn't see much in the way of deep passes and I think it allowed Toronto to put tighter coverage on our receivers, resulting in Lulay having to "thread the needle" as Deb put it.

Once in awhile, you have to go over the top, just to keep the defense honest. Other than that, I was pleased with the performance, especially on D.

^I noticed that, too. There was a TON of motion and play action...I like the spread offense on a big field and don't mind the dink and dunk for points but I can't remember a deep ball being thrown? The longest attempt maybe to Ianuzzi that was almost picked?

That was an impressive win today!

Sheets is looking like an all star, durant isn't being stupid and our offensive line is actually doing good stuff.

It's kind of weird, I wonder how long it will last

Edited by Tony Romo
  • Upvote 1

It does suck that Bighill was hurt, but on the plus side, the Leos have the depth to overcome these things.

Solomon stepped right up and I think it bears noting that MacKenzie (who was the real fill in for AB) made the open field tackle on Ray that sealed the deal in the 4th.

I also have to give props to Chapdelaine here. Over the years I've been a pretty big critic of his, but yesterday, the offense showed several wrinkles that kept the Argos guessing all night. I especially liked the sweep using Manny.

If I had a criticism, I'd say that Travis needed to air it out a bit more. I didn't see much in the way of deep passes and I think it allowed Toronto to put tighter coverage on our receivers, resulting in Lulay having to "thread the needle" as Deb put it.

Once in awhile, you have to go over the top, just to keep the defense honest. Other than that, I was pleased with the performance, especially on D.

I think the reason why Travis doesn't air it out a lot is because his weekness is his touch on the deep balls. He seems to overthrow a lot when it comes to deep balls. I think Chap recognizes this and uses the deep shots when they get man to man coverage. The good thing is that I've seen them go deep more often already than previous years. They also have Arceneaux who is can really get deep fast.

Crazy game yesterday, glad Lions pulled it out, surprised no one posted about it

Yeah, defence looked very good. However, I'm not getting too excited about it. The weather certainly played a part in Reilly's struggles. (I have to wonder about that late pick though. I'd blame a miscommunication for that one)

That being said, Travis had to deal with the same conditions and he was able to do enough to get the win.