The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Hockey Questions

Rate this topic

question about the 9 games a rookie can play before being sent back to Jr

is there a time frame that must be followed?

could the Canucks play Horvat once every 2-3 games and keep him till the 15-21 game mark and still send him down to Jr, without burning a year off his ELC?

I'm not sure on this but I would think that he would be ineligible to return to Jr after the hockey canada roster freeze after Jan 10.

Anyone noticed ever since Bettman's big TV deal with NBC, it seems the Cup final only involves big market US cities, NY, LA, Chicago, Boston etc. Guess the chances of an Ottawa-Winnipeg final are pretty slim doncha think?

Anyone noticed ever since Bettman's big TV deal with NBC, it seems the Cup final only involves big market US cities, NY, LA, Chicago, Boston etc. Guess the chances of an Ottawa-Winnipeg final are pretty slim doncha think?

Yes, I do. But it has nothing to do with Bettman, or the TV deal. It's more a case of those two teams not being legitimate contenders...

• Upvote 1

Yep. It must have been a Bettman conspiracy to build those teams through the draft, trades and free agency. He knows how much money Canadian teams pull in and for that reason alone no Canadian team will win the cup in the next 37 years.

• 2 months later...

What happens when a team is about to win the Stanley cup in game 7, and are leading 5-0 with a minute left. Then a player of theirs takes a blatant penalty. Should he go down to the dressing room? Won't he miss the celebration?

What happens when a team is about to win the Stanley cup in game 7, and are leading 5-0 with a minute left. Then a player of theirs takes a blatant penalty. Should he go down to the dressing room? Won't he miss the celebration?

If you're leading 5-0 in game 7 of the SC Final, the ref probably won't call a penalty. But I'm assuming you would go to the locker room and come back on the ice when he hears the horn. I'll go look that up in the rulebook later for you.

If you're leading 5-0 in game 7 of the SC Final, the ref probably won't call a penalty. But I'm assuming you would go to the locker room and come back on the ice when he hears the horn. I'll go look that up in the rulebook later for you.

Thanks man. I would assume the ref would just let them play. Just a random thought that came to me after today's game

• 2 weeks later...

Same as any other game. He would go the to penalty box. Because if the other team scores he is allowed back on the ice.

This is out of the blue question wasn't sure where to post but my fiancé is wondering what a price of her bieksa jersey will go for it is signed but not by him but by lack and the old coach torts anyone know the price of it will go for ?

It will go for whatever price someone will pay, as with any asset. You never know its actual worth until it is sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this, but here goes.

Is this the quote of the year?

With the Devils sixth in the Metropolitan Division and 13 points out of a playoff spot, the Czech vet may at least be considering a move elsewhere for one last kick at the can, according to Devils reporter Rich Chere.

"You want to give yourself a chance to compete for the Cup. That means getting into the playoffs," Elias told Chere. "Trust me, I know how hard it is. Especially the last few years. The way the salary cap is structured changed the game."

Maybe if the players and agents didn't bleed everything they could possibly get from the hockey teams they play for, the cap wouldn't have to be structured the way it is!

• 2 weeks later...