Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Brassard - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti

Umberger - Dubinsky - Atkinson

Raymond - Johansen - Anisimov

Foligno - Prospal - Dorsett

Boll - Mackenzie - Gillies

Columbus is dry on wingers so Raymond would help their depth in that position and Vancouver gets a young center who was rushed into the NHL.

Thoughts?

I would do it. But Columbus won't. I think you're undervaluing Brassard. He had a tough year but was still a top-six player and at this point is CBJ's best offensive center. After him they're looking at either Johansen, Dubinsky or Anisimov as the number 1 center. They'll keep him.

Also, in your proposal Prospal plays center. He doesn't. The Blue Jacket's probably look something like this right now:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson

Prospal - Dubinsky - Johansen

Foligno - Anisimov - Dorsett

Gillies - Mackenzie - Boll

I would do it. But Columbus won't. I think you're undervaluing Brassard. He had a tough year but was still a top-six player and at this point is CBJ's best offensive center. After him they're looking at either Johansen, Dubinsky or Anisimov as the number 1 center. They'll keep him.

While I agree Columbus won't do it, I don't think he's their current #1. I think they give Johansen the spot to start the season with Dubinski as the #2 and Brassard competing against them both. At the worst, they consider at least 2 of the three capable and make them earn it but I doubt they gift Brassard the top line.

They have had some issues with him the last two years but they still have hopes for him, like a less hated version of Mason. They might do it with just a little extra from our side, but depends on what we send their way.

While I agree Columbus won't do it, I don't think he's their current #1. I think they give Johansen the spot to start the season with Dubinski as the #2 and Brassard competing against them both. At the worst, they consider at least 2 of the three capable and make them earn it but I doubt they gift Brassard the top line.

They have had some issues with him the last two years but they still have hopes for him, like a less hated version of Mason. They might do it with just a little extra from our side, but depends on what we send their way.

Archived