The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Taken 2 - Forgettable/10

Wanted to watch something bad, and I got my wish.

Gotta say, it really is too bad that Neeson's has resorted to making generic action films ala Jason Stathom.

The first Taken was pretty good.

However, it didn't try to use a teenage girl throwing live grenades into the streets without repurcussions as a plot device.

Anchorman 2 -1/10

I liked the original, but this was just, absolutely awful. I didn't have high hopes for a sequel, but I didn't think that it could possibly be as bad as it was.

no !!! really ?? i haven't seen it ! i was so hoping it was great .... :sadno::sadno:

Funny seeing everyone debating The Grey. I found it totally disappointing (or, underwhelming I guess, didn't have any expectations) the first time. Rewatched it when I was bored on a plane, and found it much more riveting, at least until bad turbulence coincided with the crash scene and I had to turn it off.

But recently I was reading that the reason Liam Neeson took this role,and the other recent action movies, was as a means of coping with his wife's death in a skiing accident. Makes it much more interesting ... sometime soon I'm gonna try and watch it again all the way through.

And I actually heard some good things about Non Stop too.

I don't know, I gave it a 10/10.

I did not stop laughing from start to finish, thought it was way better than original

It just came across like it was forcing the callbacks way too much. Especially the condom scene and the fight. My rating was a little harsh, as there were parts I liked (the car chase). I can see why people would like it, but I didn't.

It just came across like it was forcing the callbacks way too much. Especially the condom scene and the fight. My rating was a little harsh, as there were parts I liked (the car chase). I can see why people would like it, but I didn't.

Yeah a lot of people hated the movie and a lot of people loved the movie. I guess it's one of those movies that doesn't have a middle ground, either you love it or you hate it.

I really liked it though, went with a couple of buddies and all of us just couldn't stop laughing especially the lighthouse scene.

Edited by CanuckofSteel

I really liked it though, went with a couple of buddies and all of us just couldn't stop laughing especially the lighthouse scene.

This is what worries me about watching comedies. I hate going to watch a comedy in the theatres because I find that people in groups with their friends tend to laugh more at the movie then it really deserves. My wife and I remember two instances of this. Once when we saw Nacho Libre, and it's like people are getting ready to laugh at jokes that inevitably are not as funny then expected. The second is when we watched the first Anchorman (which I like). However, people in the theatre were clearly ready for the punchline of jokes that hadn't even been setup yet. Not saying this is the case with you and your friends, but I find that things are funnier when you go with a group of people, because you don't want to be that one guy that finds the joke less humorous then those around you.

Funnily enough, watched Gravity on the weekend.

I'd say 7/10 as it was entertaining/edge of your seat and had pretty great visuals etc but it didn't really break any new ground story or acting-wise. Good popcorn flick but not much more IMO.

Also watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMsH4kLoWCg

Good movie/story, above average acting and moody/grim visuals. I'll give it a good 8/10 I think. Brings some of that same tension of Gravity with an actual story and better acting even if it isn't the technological tour de force of Gravity. (Other than "tension", no the films are not remotely similar :lol: )