The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Deadwood Movie - 9/10

Bittersweet. Nice to see practically the entire cast return, sad to know this is the end.

I liked the movie but it did feel “emptier” than the series. This is not because the movie was not well written or the acting was poor, it just reveals to me just how rich that series was.

austin powers: -1/10

addams family (1991): 6.5/10. started watching this, and it was actually kinda cute and moderately funny and i was kinda turned on at the intensity between morticia and gomez. but then i fell asleep, so i have no idea what happens in the next 45 mins and i also don't really care, so idk

4 hours ago, Monty said:

I hope that “1” was for these two scenes.

unfortunately my score is a -1 for the net negative experience of watching austin powers. 

its actually kind of shocking how often they use his catch phrases as punchlines

11 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

unfortunately my score is a -1 for the net negative experience of watching austin powers. 

That’s a shame. Not a terrific film, but I have good memories of it.

A4471344-EDB2-4939-9F53-F709390C8F39.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kryten said:

Deadwood Movie - 9/10

Bittersweet. Nice to see practically the entire cast return, sad to know this is the end.

I liked the movie but it did feel “emptier” than the series. This is not because the movie was not well written or the acting was poor, it just reveals to me just how rich that series was.

I'm stoked to see it, I absolutely adore the show. I've probably watched it 4 times through, possibly 6

• Upvote 1

it's me, the great Woody "innocent" Allen apologist, here to overrate another Woody "didn't do it" Allen project that was widely hated by critics and ignored by normies 

a crisis in six scenes: 7.5/10

I started this series when it first came out and couldn't even make it through the first (25 minute) episode, I was just so instantly bored. but something's changed (maturity? boredom? increased apologetics?). and so I re-watched it and really, thoroughly enjoyed it. nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing Woody being nervous, and that's basically what the series is: Woody pacing. occasionally Miley Cyrus' two front teeth make an appearance and do their best to ruin it, but Woody "not a pedophine" Allen saves the day with his old man schtick, which is nothing short of cozy. 

Edited by GLASSJAW

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Allen project that was widely hated by critics and ignored by normie

And by himself, as well:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-cannes-woody-allen-irrational-man-premiere-emma-stone-20150515-story.html

On New Amazon Series

"It was a catastrophic mistake," he said, not seeming to be joking. "I don't know what I'm doing. I'm floundering. I expect this to be a cosmic embarrassment‎."

4 hours ago, Monty said:

yeah, I've read that too - but he always says things like this. he once offered to make a movie for free if United Artists promised not to put Manhattan out. 

he hates everything he does - maybe this hate is more justified, but still

1 minute ago, GLASSJAW said:

yeah, I've read that too - but he always says things like this. he once offered to make a movie for free if United Artists promised not to put Manhattan out. 

he hates everything he does - maybe this hate is more justified, but still

Huh. Interesting. Did not know that.

Captain Marvel

Wife and I started it yesterday. I walked out after 15 minutes and went to our room to rewatch Red Letter Media Half in the Bag episodes.

Very boring. Not because of the current hate towards Brie Larson (which I don’t give two sharts about), but because of superhero fatigue. In 15 minutes of viewing I could already predict the movie and what I was in for.

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Captain Marvel

Wife and I started it yesterday. I walked out after 15 minutes and went to our room to rewatch Red Letter Media Half in the Bag episodes.

Very boring. Not because of the current hate towards Brie Larson (which I don’t give two sharts about), but because of superhero fatigue. In 15 minutes of viewing I could already predict the movie and what I was in for.

I wish I was as smart as you.

Incredibly underwhelming.

I'm not a fan of superhero movies in general. However, even if I was, all of the previews I saw for Captain Marvel seemed like it would just be terrible. Then the reviews backed it up, and even the movie fans confirmed it.

I've only bothered watching 2 recent superhero movies, the highest rated ones: Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War. Cream of the crop for superhero films, but as just a movie? Meh, alright...

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I've only bothered watching 2 recent superhero movies, the highest rated ones: Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War. Cream of the crop for superhero films, but as just a movie? Meh, alright...

Thor Ragnorok was a lot of fun. To me, didn’t even seem like a Marvel film. Can thank Taika Waititi for that.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I'm not a fan of superhero movies in general. However, even if I was, all of the previews I saw for Captain Marvel seemed like it would just be terrible. Then the reviews backed it up, and even the movie fans confirmed it.

I will give Endgame a go just so I can bring that universe full circle. But I am not charging out to go see it. Will wait for it to hit whatever streaming service I am currently into.