The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elisa Lam found dead on LA hotel rooftop

TheGreatDane36

This has hit us really hard (my Dad, in particular, is terribly upset over this story) ... that video of her in what appears to be a state of absolute panic/distress just makes my heart sink. So horrible.

My own daughter shares a similar story and just went to San Fran/LA, etc. on her own. She left to get away from some obstacles here that have impeded her progress (she is suffering from anxiety and depression). She has friends down there, and daily check ins become the only piece of mind a parent has...to lose contact would be a nightmare. I can only imagine what these parents are going through - my sincere and heartfelt thoughts are with them.

I really wonder what was happening in that video...although some were quick to identify "drugs", her actions to me spoke of desperation. Like she felt threatened and maybe heard someone coming? Was trying to frantically prevent them from accessing the elevator and then they used the stairs?

Just awful. I cried when I watched that clip and was so pulling for a happy ending. :(

And, in seeing some of the comments - we should reserve judgement of "she was high/drunk" until this is proven. People with panic disorders also can exhibit some of these behaviors and depression and anxiety can go hand in hand. If she was completely traumatized by something, the hand gestures just may have been attributed to her running through scenarios in her mind. Sure, it does look like drugs, but I don't think jumping to conclusions is fair.

My personal opinion : That she was drugged (date raped) and what ever was in that drug/pill basically killed her, and the douche that was trying to take advantage threw in the water tank after she died to try and protect his sorry ass...Shady place after all..

My personal opinion : That she was drugged (date raped) and what ever was in that drug/pill basically killed her, and the douche that was trying to take advantage threw in the water tank after she died to try and protect his sorry ass...Shady place after all..

i don't get why this girl stayed on Skid Row of all places, at one of the most infamous hotels in one of the most gnarly parts of the disgusting city of Los Angeles? a place that housed serial killers (note the plural), and now hosts a bunch of junkies and social outcasts

either this girl had a lot of skeletons in the closet, or she had never heard of tripadvisor

The part were she is waving her arm, that part kinda freaked me out..

She could have been high on some drugs, "when people are on drugs" high.

when she was waving her arms, was she talking to someone? But yea, foul play indeed.

btw, please dont bomb me with what I am going to say, but she went to school with my friend. All of them are shocked as hell.

But very mysterious, because you pretty much have to know how to get to the roof, by getting to the top of the roof, she can't wanter off by herself. Could be the work of hotel staff.

the whole incident is just weird, in her video, she didn't seem scared or in a hurry at all, if someone was coming after me i would have pressed to the lobby and pounded on the close door button like crazy, but she took her time pressing each button and waited for the door to close.

then when the door didn't close, it almost seemed like she playfully jumped out and looked to both sides

and regarding why the door.didn't close for so long, i know that some older lifts have a hold door button on the bottom for loading convenience, so she might have accidentally pressed it too

i really want the cops to find out what happened to her, poor girl rest in peace

It has probably been pointed out in the youtube comments, but did anyone else notice that when the elevator door closes at 2:57 of this video, it doesn't look natural. It looks like a frame was skipped or something. I know that some cameras look choppy in general, but the rest of the video seems like pretty fluid motion, but then at 2:57 part of the door is magically closed without a smooth transition Maybe I am wrong. When I compared it to other times that it opens and closes later on in the video, it definitely looks different. What do you guys think? Was this video doctored?

Yeah, the camera video definitely has some frames missing. I am still wondering why that elevator door never closed.

As for the cistern, the dimensions make it sound highly unlikely that for whatever reason she could have caused her own death. There's also restricted access to reach that area to have put her body in the water tank, so I'm thinking there must be an employee involved. Who else would know about water tanks on the roof to stash a body? Who else would have access?

There's still no explanation why she was in such a seedy area, so close to the city's skid row.

Yeah, the camera video definitely has some frames missing. I am still wondering why that elevator door never closed.

As for the cistern, the dimensions make it sound highly unlikely that for whatever reason she could have caused her own death. There's also restricted access to reach that area to have put her body in the water tank, so I'm thinking there must be an employee involved. Who else would know about water tanks on the roof to stash a body? Who else would have access?

There's still no explanation why she was in such a seedy area, so close to the city's skid row.

this looks like a Sherlock Holmes case....

There's a lot of strange things about this that didn't add up.

She looks to be a kinda of panic state in that evaluator... like she is trying to get away from someone and divert them.

We will have to wait to see the autopsy but it looks like something is up.

The first thing would be to find out why is was traveling to Santa Cruz and why she stop at a Skid Row hotel....

this looks like a Sherlock Holmes case....

There's a lot of strange things about this that didn't add up.

She looks to be a kinda of panic state in that evaluator... like she is trying to get away from someone and divert them.

We will have to wait to see the autopsy but it looks like something is up.

The first thing would be to find out why is was traveling to Santa Cruz and why she stop at a Skid Row hotel....

Acute psychosis, could be schizo given her age. Drugs can too.

the footage is reminds of those movies like jun-on or grudge.

the description of the location of the reservoir seems to suggest foul play but if she is acting out, it is possible it was self inflicted dep if there are evidence to suggest she did herself.

Check her laptop for messages from a boyfriend. She either met a guy online or she knew a guy who moved there who told her to come visit him in Santa Cruz. Its the reason she went alone. Last seen Jan 31 by hotel staff. Seen Feb 1st in the elevator scene. Something happened the night of Jan 31st between her and her bf. Whether it be hallucigenic agents, delirium (of which if it is, something must have induced it), or she was straight up running for her life. Bf dumps body. Missing for 18 days while the bf has vanishes into thin air. Maybe theres a trace, just a name (although it may be fake)

Of course, I'm only giving one scenario.

Archived