The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Vancouver Canucks WILL Retire Pavel Bure's #10 & Poll

Vancouver Canucks 30

[Confirmed] Vancouver Canucks WILL Retire Pavel Bure's 10  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always loved hockey but Bure was the reason I started playing. I wanted to be him, not that I ever came remotely close but hey i was a kid and had a dream thanks to him.

Love to see all of the bad blood resolved and this put to rest. His jersey is being retired where it belongs!

That's embarrassing to know that any professional sports team could be run like that, especially the Canucks.

Bottom line is, the ownership at the time just didn't have deep enough pockets to keep Bure. So instead of being honest with him, they screwed him around and made promises to him they knew he couldn't keep.

Thank god we have the ownership we have now that treat players with the utmost respect.

Didn't this guy end up not wanting to play for the canucks, and demanded a trade, essentially? Doesn't sound like someone who is a real franchise guy. very good, but I don't know about the jersey retirement if he is demanding a trade out of vancouver at some point.

Pavel Bure is the reason I watched hockey as a kid, he is the reason I fell in love with the game, and will always be one of my favorite canucks. I am so happy that this organization is finally doing what is right and honoring Bure. He was truly a treat to watch growing up and if I ever had the chance to meet him I would tell him without a doubt he is the REASON I am a canucks and hockey fan. I love Bure.

Archived