The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Ladd

say what you will about the guy, but he's grown in to a damn good player since his early days in carolina.

i find there isn't enough discussion on the jets here and it's almost criminal. Even in chicago, you had to have seen that, one day, he would find success elsewhere once they had to drop some players.

honestly, dropping andrew ladd off the hawks was a bad move. he's a dude who gets dirty and gets beat up. ever since moving to the jets, he's a well-rounded player, and after winning 2 stanley cups, he's a guy who doesn't want to lose. since moving from a cup-winning team to a bankrupted atlanta team, to winnipeg, he's done a great job leading that team by example.

andrew ladd is a guy who wants to lead a team, and the jets picked the right guy. even though the guy was a blackhawk, he was a respectful player. sometimes, you make make decisions not many people agree with, but it comes with maturity. now that he's on a young winnipeg jets team, he has role on that team that, being a former champion, you want to have that drive to win-- you want to drill that in to the heads of your teammates, and we're seeing it down the stretch in this short season. the guy is playing as a horse-- and so is pavs, to make this young team make the playoffs, something winnipeg deserves, and it's something don cherry has praised throughout the season that the jets made the right move by aquiring a guy like andrew ladd. just thought i'd share my opinion on the jets and how much i want this team to succeed and they chose the right guy to lead them

If everyone held position and Winnipeg could jump above the Rangers, the East would see 4 USA vs CAN match ups. (Plus a fun nation capitals game) That is what I am excited for in the East. And yes, Ladd is a hell of a player, deserving of that C.

say what you will about the guy, but he's grown in to a damn good player since his early days in carolina.

i find there isn't enough discussion on the jets here and it's almost criminal. Even in chicago, you had to have seen that, one day, he would find success elsewhere once they had to drop some players.

honestly, dropping andrew ladd off the hawks was a bad move. he's a dude who gets dirty and gets beat up. ever since moving to the jets, he's a well-rounded player, and after winning 2 stanley cups, he's a guy who doesn't want to lose. since moving from a cup-winning team to a bankrupted atlanta team, to winnipeg, he's done a great job leading that team by example.

andrew ladd is a guy who wants to lead a team, and the jets picked the right guy. even though the guy was a blackhawk, he was a respectful player. sometimes, you make make decisions not many people agree with, but it comes with maturity. now that he's on a young winnipeg jets team, he has role on that team that, being a former champion, you want to have that drive to win-- you want to drill that in to the heads of your teammates, and we're seeing it down the stretch in this short season. the guy is playing as a horse-- and so is pavs, to make this young team make the playoffs, something winnipeg deserves, and it's something don cherry has praised throughout the season that the jets made the right move by aquiring a guy like andrew ladd. just thought i'd share my opinion on the jets and how much i want this team to succeed and they chose the right guy to lead them

Wasn't there a rumour before the 2010-11 season that the Canucks were interested in Ladd?

Sedin-Sedin-Ladd

Burrows-Kesler-Samuelsson

Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen

Torres-Lapierre(Bolduc)-Higgins(Glass)

wow, solid, but if that had happened lappy or Higgy may not have been on the team

Wasn't there a rumour before the 2010-11 season that the Canucks were interested in Ladd?

Sedin-Sedin-Ladd

Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen

wow, solid, but if that had happened lappy or Higgy may not have been on the team

All of Hawks cast-offs from that year became solid producers.

Andrew Ladd: Captain of the Jets, had two 50 point seasons, and now a near point per game season.

Dustin Byfuglien: Alternate of the Jets, considered a top 10 offensive defenseman. 130 pts in 185 gp.

Kris Versteeg: Bounced around a bit from Toronto-Philly but had a great season with Florida. Injuries hurt him this season.

Brian Campbell: Returned back to form as a top 10 offensive defenseman. Plays a huge amount of minutes. 77 pts in 123 gp.

Troy Brouwer: Continues to be a physical force + offensive producer. This year plays in the top 6. 29 pts in 41 gp.

Tomas Kopecky: Had a decent first year with Florida, and is playing in the top 6 this year. 26 pts in 41gp.

Colin Fraser: Not a offensive producer, but helped LAK win the cup, appearing in 18/20 games as a 4th line C.

Antti Niemi: Starting goalie for the Sharks. Vezina candidate some say.

Sedin-Sedin-Ladd

Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen

All of Hawks cast-offs from that year became solid producers.

Andrew Ladd: Captain of the Jets, had two 50 point seasons, and now a near point per game season.

Dustin Byfuglien: Alternate of the Jets, considered a top 10 offensive defenseman. 130 pts in 185 gp.

Kris Versteeg: Bounced around a bit from Toronto-Philly but had a great season with Florida. Injuries hurt him this season.

Brian Campbell: Returned back to form as a top 10 offensive defenseman. Plays a huge amount of minutes. 77 pts in 123 gp.

Troy Brouwer: Continues to be a physical force + offensive producer. This year plays in the top 6. 29 pts in 41 gp.

Tomas Kopecky: Had a decent first year with Florida, and is playing in the top 6 this year. 26 pts in 41gp.

Colin Fraser: Not a offensive producer, but helped LAK win the cup, appearing in 18/20 games as a 4th line C.

Antti Niemi: Starting goalie for the Sharks. Vezina candidate some say.

No doubt. Originally he got the 'C' in Atlanta by virtue of him being the best out of a not so deep pool of players but now he certainly has lived up to the honor. He reminds me a lot of Kesler, can score and plays physical, definitely would be a guy I'd welcome on my team.

Archived