6 sets of rack pulls 10-12 reps

6 sets of rear felt flys 10-12 reps

5 sets of barbell rows 10-12 reps

12 minutes of cardio, in & out of the guym in 35 minutes

Best song of the workout

Do you like the exit wounds album?

On January 5, 2016 at 1:15 AM, riffraff said:

Do you like the exit wounds album?

Yeah, it's pretty damn good, but not in my top 3 The Haunted albums...I don't know, it just seems to be lacking a groove that was all over "One Kill Wonder"...like Shadow World? I feel like I could lift a planet when that tunes pounding. 

"Exit Wounds" is pretty damn solid though.

getting lower back pain at the top of my squat for some reason. No pain throughout the movement, only at the very top after I ascend. It even hurts when I do 135 warmup squats. Anyone know the reason? I feel like I am bracing my core correctly. Maybe it is due to anterior pelvic tilt? Should i wear a belt, would the pain go away then?

1 minute ago, DoughtysCheck said:

getting lower back pain at the top of my squat for some reason. No pain throughout the movement, only at the very top after I ascend. It even hurts when I do 135 warmup squats. Anyone know the reason? I feel like I am bracing my core correctly. Maybe it is due to anterior pelvic tilt? Should i wear a belt, would the pain go away then?

Could be so many things causing that. I'd talk to a physiotherapist/kinesiologist about it ASAP.

It could be technique in the squat, or tightness/lack of flexibility anywhere in your body. For example, tightness in your hamstring or hip can create a ripple effect, which will cause pain your lower back. It could also just be an injury like a bulged disc. Regardless of the cause, you don't want to mess around with your lower back during squats. Get an expert to identify the problem.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Yeah, it's pretty damn good, but not in my top 3 The Haunted albums...I don't know, it just seems to be lacking a groove that was all over "One Kill Wonder"...like Shadow World? I feel like I could lift a planet when that tunes pounding. 

"Exit Wounds" is pretty damn solid though.

I felt the guitar work/solos are strongest on exit wounds. You're right about a lack of consistent groove on the album, however I feel that is because: at this stage it's a bit of a comeback album and therefore I think they wanted to express some diversity throughout the tracks.  Eye of the storm is maybe the only song that grooves and also has a strong solo imo......will have to revisit one kill wonder.

On January 5, 2016 at 0:33 AM, CanuckianOne said:

Anyone know of a good beginner bodyweight workout? 

Pushups & chin-ups, toss in some skater lunges. Finish off with some planks, those 3 movements & planks will hit pretty much every muscle group.

I'm going to the gym more, and I walk to and from work. Today I worked out at the gym for 40 minutes, and came home to watch hockey, and I also ate eggs after working out, and I have not drank wine, champagne, or any other alcoholic drink so far this month.

47 minutes ago, brilac said:

I'm going to the gym more, and I walk to and from work. Today I worked out at the gym for 40 minutes, and came home to watch hockey, and I also ate eggs after working out, and I have not drank wine, champagne, or any other alcoholic drink so far this month.

Keep it up..I'm sure you'll eventually reach your goals. 

• 4 weeks later...

For the past month I've only been able to go to the gym twice a week because of my work schedule, but in 1 more month I won't be working anymore so I'm going to start doing weights 3-4 times per week and cardio 5 times per week. I've completely stopped cardio right now since I'm doing a full body workout. Doing cardio would just mean I'm spending to much time at the gym then I would like.

I just started squatting and have some questions.

How many sets/reps should I be doing? right now I do 5x8.

If I can squat 110lbs right now (I know I can do heavier though since I never struggle, just being cautious) should I be able to squat 135lbs+ by the end of the month?