The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2013-14 Utica Comets Thread.

avelanch

He is my friends brother coicidently enough. Was SO pumped when i saw he signed an ATO with Utica. He is an extremely hard working kid. Can hit, can fight, can shoot. Always went to giants games with they played the chiefs. He beat the Brendan Gallager Giants a couple years ago when they were up 2-0 in the series. He went beast mode and ripped it up. He plays a strong 2 way game. Can take some lazy penalties but im hoping he can work his hardest in the AHL. He doesnt drink or anything. Very good kid, ive known him for years. And hes actually from Surrey, but he moved to North Van a year before getting drafted into the WHL.

Good to hear! Nice that a local kid's getting a shot, hopefully he can impress during these last few games and maybe get an invite to the prospects camp during the summer, and go from there.

Good to hear! Nice that a local kid's getting a shot, hopefully he can impress during these last few games and maybe get an invite to the prospects camp during the summer, and go from there.

He was supposed to get the C for the final year, but the coach Nauchbar had a hard on for Reid Gow (who wasnt even in his last year).

surprised to see no one posted this yet. from a few days ago:

Comets Add Princetons Andrew Calof

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher announced today that the Comets have signed forward Andrew Calof (KAY-loff) to an amateur tryout contract (ATO). In a separate transaction, forward Ludwig Blomstrand has been reassigned by the Vancouver Canucks to the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL.

Calof, 20, recently completed his senior season at Princeton University. Despite an injury limiting him to 22 games, Calof tied for first on the team in scoring with 21 points on four goals and 17 assists.

The 510, 175-pound forward was the teams leading scorer in each of his first three seasons and finished with 123 points (44 goals, 79 assists) in 117 career games. He was a three-time All-Ivy League selection and twice was named to the All-ECAC team. A native of Nepean, ON, Calof burst onto the collegiate scene in 2010-11 and was selected the 2011 ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year, Ivy League Co-Rookie of the Year, and was named to the ECAC All-Rookie Team.

Blomstrand, 21, appeared in Sundays 3-2 win over the Iowa Wild. Overall the Upsalla, Sweden, native has appeared in seven games, without recording a point, in two separate stints with the club. He has recorded 23 points (12-11-23) and 12 penalty minutes in 40 games with Kalamazoo in 2013-14.

Blomstrand was selected by Vancouver in the fourth round (#120 overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.uticacomets.com/comets-add-princetons-andrew-calof/

By far, the BEST game of the season. Not sure what coach Green said to them after the 1st period, but, I was just amazed at the team that came out to play that 2nd period. That was the most complete period the Comets have played. The Comets were just relentless. They just came out Toronto from all angles. EVERY player was on their A-game tonight. I would have given a star to every player. Just a incredible game.

Not sure how they will finish, but I love the effort they are putting forth. Just a all around great team effort.

Comets give up 3 goals in less than two minutes at the end of the game, including two shorthanded goals...

I've never seen a collapse like that. Now I know they're the Canucks farm team.

Edit: After leading 5-2 in the third, the Comets lose 6-5 in OT. Just inexcusable for a team that needs every point right now.

Comets give up 3 goals in less than two minutes at the end of the game, including two shorthanded goals...

I've never seen a collapse like that. Now I know they're the Canucks farm team.

Edit: After leading 5-2 in the third, the Comets lose 6-5 in OT. Just inexcusable for a team that needs every point right now.

Wtf that's ridiculous.

A Comet's Collapse of universal proportion. I cant believe that the Comets were on the powerplay for most of the last 2 minutes and could not get possession of the puck at all. WOW. This one keeps them out of the playoffs. Too bad, they were playing dam good hockey for 58 minutes.

Archived