The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

What a goof.

I'm not for signing Ruff, but any team could do alot worse than Ruff. It's hardly settling to hire a coach with his experience.

Agreed.

If our veteran group is getting one more chance, I now think someone who'll command instant respect with the leadership core is probably a must.

Healy said Canucks dropped the ball and totally agree with that. I didn't want Eakins, but just the way this all transpired, doesn't make Gillis look very good.

Healy's a moron with a clear hate for the Canucks. Who cares? He takes any opportunity to rip the Canucks. Like when he said AV would have won the cup if he had a goaltender. Like Luongo's just some nobody.

How does he even know that the Canucks were that high on him? Maybe they interviewed him and decided he didn't have enough experience. There are still alot of coaches out there with much more experience than Eakins.

If we're going for a first time coach, Jeff Blashill who's the coach of Grand Rapids has just as much experience, and will likely win the Calder Cup this year. Alot of hype with Eakins is because he's coach of Toronto's farm team and the Eastern media all know him.

John Shannon on Sportsnet figures the Canucks will "settle" for Lindy Ruff.

His choice of words.

FWIW, Shannon also said that he thinks Messier is a lock for the Rangers job and AV is the front-runner in Dallas...

On topic, I wasn't a huge proponent of Eakins, so I'm not particularly bothered by the fact that the Oilers won the "Dallas Eakins sweepstakes". I think it was important for GIllis to look at all options before making his final decision and that means seeing what Tippett's intentions are and talking to Stevens. If some of the other available coaches are snapped up in the interim, so be it.

Healy talks about the Canucks "dropping the ball", but the truth is, they haven't broken the huddle yet.

Part of me is a little disappointed in the Eakins thing as I think he's going to be a GREAT coach and part of me is relieved that we'll likely get someone more experienced...lol

My guess is now we wait for the Tippett situation to reveal itself and/or if Bylsma gets fired. If neither of those guys become available my next guess is Boucher, then either Stevens or Ruff then then Blashill or another AHL guy...

Gonna be a long couple weeks :lol:

Healy's a moron with a clear hate for the Canucks. Who cares? He takes any opportunity to rip the Canucks. Like when he said AV would have won the cup if he had a goaltender. Like Luongo's just some nobody.

How does he even know that the Canucks were that high on him? Maybe they interviewed him and decided he didn't have enough experience. There are still alot of coaches out there with much more experience than Eakins.

If we're going for a first time coach, Jeff Blashill who's the coach of Grand Rapids has just as much experience, and will likely win the Calder Cup this year. Alot of hype with Eakins is because he's coach of Toronto's farm team and the Eastern media all know him.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Healy is a moron....I can't stand that guy and not only because he is a Canuck hater. Imagine him being critical of Luongo? Healy whom had less than marginal NHL backup goaltending talent.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Healy is a moron....I can't stand that guy and not only because he is a Canuck hater. Imagine him being critical of Luongo? Healy whom had less than marginal NHL backup goaltending talent.

A little controversy can do wonders for a career. I am sure there was lots of talk around the CBC water cooler during the MacLean hatchet job on Burrows. You have to laugh when Healey is asked about his 'insider' info on the Hot Stove. Seriously. The guy was a marginal backup goaltender who managed to string out for a few years. After that he ingrated himself into the Players Association until he wore is welcome out there. Basically the CBC is probably his last kick at the can in NHL hockey circles. Jumping on the anti Canuck bandwagon is a pretty safe bet to keep your name up front with little down side risk.

A little controversy can do wonders for a career. I am sure there was lots of talk around the CBC water cooler during the MacLean hatchet job on Burrows. You have to laugh when Healey is asked about his 'insider' info on the Hot Stove. Seriously. The guy was a marginal backup goaltender who managed to string out for a few years. After that he ingrated himself into the Players Association until he wore is welcome out there. Basically the CBC is probably his last kick at the can in NHL hockey circles. Jumping on the anti Canuck bandwagon is a pretty safe bet to keep your name up front with little down side risk.

All of that, AND, he jells his hair. Come on, 50 years old and he jells?

@JSportsnet 1m

Canucks have requested to talk to Kings' Assistant John Stevens. Have yet to hear back from LA.

Ruff>>Stevens for me.

But if Tippet isn't available, Stevens would be second on my list after Ruff. Hopefully we can get a strong assistant coach to help develop our young players though. A guy like Blashill from Grand Rapids should be their number 1 target.

Ruff>>Stevens for me.

But if Tippet isn't available, Stevens would be second on my list after Ruff. Hopefully we can get a strong assistant coach to help develop our young players though. A guy like Blashill from Grand Rapids should be their number 1 target.

I agree with all. Ruff is best choice available right now. Also I would like a suprise coach like Blashill to get the job

Archived