The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zdeno Chara punched Sidney Crosby in the jaw

I think that what the Hawks need to do in this series is have a guy in the lineup every game that isn't afraid to take a penalty or possible single game suspension. Run Rask and fall on Chara's knees. Yes that sounds classless but let's be honest. With the crap the league lets the Bruins get away with, we need old fashioned hockey to combat it. Imagine if everytime in the finals 2 years ago when the Bruins were doing that after the whistle garbage, the Canucks had a Rypien Bitz or Duco available to just rag doll Marchand and run Thomas. Touch a Sedin run Thomas. Punch a Burrows beat up a Marchand. Low hip check to the knees run Thomas. They'd get the idea really really quickly. It is time a team took serious liberties with this group of free wheeling jokers in return. Tough to punch a guy in the jaw when you're hobbled isn't it?

Well, paint me shocked! A Boston player wasn't penalized for sucker punching someone. :blink:

Seriously, the NHL is probably going to congratulate Chara for not using up his other 2 freebies Boston players are allowed before getting called. <_<

That being said, Sid was being a jerk to Rask. If someone did that one of our goalies I'd hope they got punched for it.

Lol who cares.

If there was any chance being hit in the jaw (rather lightly might I add) would reaggravate his injury then Crosby shouldn't have being playing. Lo and behold, no injury came of it.

It's the playoffs, you do what you can to win, and if that means ruffling the best players in the worlds feathers to try and bring him off his game a little then thats what you do. And judging by his 0 points, I would say that Boston did a pretty good job at it.

I'm the farthest thing from a Crosby fan but moves like these ARE classless.

Are you suggesting we don't point anything out simply because it's Crosby? Yes, he's done classless things that he has been called out on before as well.

Archived