The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Toronto make huge bid for goaltender Bernier.

He's thinking if Steve Yzerman can do it so can he. Keep trading for these young goalies with potential instead of a proven because it will cost less, and hey.... Maybe by the time you've traded for 3 of them one will work out!

Well the Flyers certainly can't afford Lu with their cap space. Devils and Panthers would likely only want a younger goalie. Wild might as well re-sign Backstrom if they're fine with a goalie in his mid 30s.

Only team left is Isles, which would require us taking Dipietro back...

Hopefully the devils get bernier, luongo goes to philly/nyi/florida and nonis is left holding his nonuts!

Reimer isn't a starter he lucked out in a shortened season and got owned in the last 10 mins of game 7, one of the worst choke jobs by a goalie i have ever seen....if it was luongo in net the east coast media would still be talking about it! Cause it's toronto they define it as a "learning experience"...learning what? that Reimer is overrated and toronto doesn't have a starting number 1!

Nonis could have had luongo for cheap and they would have taken out the bruins...but his cockiness got him exactly what he deserved.

so the Blues have Halak, Elliot and Jake Allan still? why don't the Leafs just get one of Halak or Elliot for cheap to fight for the #1 spot with Reimer?? seems like a better solution than taking a gamble on Bernier..

If toronto gets bernier and they offer big for him then they will set the franchise further back. Dumb move. Bernier has never been a starter and his goalie stats are very similar to reimer. A veteran goalie makes way more sense for toronto...but hey i hope they do get bernier and watch them fall flat on their faces!

Luongo would make TO a way better team for the next 5 years, I hope they don't get him.

Archived