The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Interview: Monday, July 8 - 99.3 FM - 7:30 a.m.

CDeM85

Clearly Luongo is a 100% type of guy"..........

He was prepared to step aside ,sold his place and left Van for good....

but thats not how things workedout ..hes in cory is out.

so now he has to prepare himself (and thats 100% ) to be back.........and clearly he hasnt prepared himself to being 100% committed so he knows he has to reset and reach 100% ...not 90...not 95 ...not 98 %

very similiar to a guy whos either retiring or coming backfor another year...they can play at high level but have to get clear if the whole commitment is there

so the comment of the media there speculating he wasnt coming back....is all about at this moment the rest button hasnt been set

next week or another week that can change with Luo having a chance to reset

What is their problem? They saying things that Lu said off the record? There's a reason it's called OFF the record. That is ridiculous.

You don't tell the guy it's off the record when you're immediately putting it on the record.

I have a feeling that the Sedins are going to drum up a lot of drama next summer as well. Seeing as there's a pattern of Canadian teams parting ways with their stars, i can see them heading on.

It's going to be tough for Gillis to keep his job.

he has over 2 months to work this out. Walking away for a year at the age of 34 is not going to win him anything in this league. He may not care about losing the money, but if he still wants to play hockey he needs to give his head a shake already.

I did find it very interesting that he doesn't blame Gillis.

Figured that interview wasn't worth waking up for

Hopefully after Luongo & Gillis meet in a week or 2 this issue can get resolved with either knowing if Luongo truly doesn't want to come back and is considering refusing to report / retiring (would he be eligible to sign in a different league if retired?)

The only problem with either action is it could take him out of running for being the guy in Sochi (although I guess if he 'retired' but played in a different league he could still be eligible, just depends on hockey canada).

Also if Gillis has an idea on where Luongo is at in regards to playing or electing a different option then at least he can try to get a stop gap goalie that would be able to be the number 1 while Lack or Ericksson get experience as a backup

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...

Im done here. You people are disgusting... maybe if you freaking support him it would help? This is all mike gillis fault.

Support your #1 goalie... he's left his family for this city... he's given his all ever since he came here. HE MADE THIS MEDIOCRE TEAM A POWER HOUSE.

HOW CAN U BE SO UNGRATEFUL? Im ashamed to classify myself as a canucks fan along with some of you.

Support him and hopefully he'll forgive.

Im done here. You people are disgusting... maybe if you freaking support him it would help? This is all mike gillis fault.

Support your #1 goalie... he's left his family for this city... he's given his all ever since he came here. HE MADE THIS MEDIOCRE TEAM A POWER HOUSE.

HOW CAN U BE SO UNGRATEFUL? Im ashamed to classify myself as a canucks fan along with some of you.

You don't disrespect a super star.

Montreal did 1% of what we have done to lui to roy and he was gone right away. You don't treat superstars like anything less than a superstar. Period.

This franchise likes to crap on their superstars... bure and now lui

The difference between Patrick Roy and Roberto Luongo is that Patrick Roy wouldn't have lost his starting job to another goaltender.

Roberto Luongo crapped the bed three years in a row, in spectacular fashion. I don't recall Patrick Roy getting lit up like a Christmas tree, like Lu did in Chicago and Boston. You act like management did this just to stick it to Luongo.

Excuse me if I dont support one player holding the future of the team over a barrel for something he is partially responsible for to begin with. Luongo knows its a business and knew no team wanted his contract did he really expect his owners to buy him out and put themselves in financial problems simply out of goodwill?

At this point you could pull Arturs Irbe out of retirement and put him in net and it would be better than the drama luongo is causing right now.

The thing that you and people like you dont seem to take into account is that this team HELD HIM OVER A BARREL for the last two years. Why is it ok for that to happen, but when the shoe is on the other foot he is is causing drama?

People on this message board are largely not very bright.

Archived