The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Tuukka Rask

Makes Lou look cheap......and Rask chocked big time in the Cup final. Vancouver scores 8 goals in 7 games and Lou gets them to game 7, Boston gets 15 in 6 games and Rask can even get to a game 7 (and loses a game where his team scored 5 games). Also lets not forget two goals in 17 seconds with less than two minutes to go.

Makes Lou look cheap......and Rask chocked big time in the Cup final. Vancouver scores 8 goals in 7 games and Lou gets them to game 7, Boston gets 15 in 6 games and Rask can even get to a game 7 (and loses a game where his team scored 5 games). Also lets not forget two goals in 17 seconds with less than two minutes to go.

It's a bad signing. The Bruins overall have had a bad offseason so far. Longterm contracts on goalies never seem to work out and I don't think this will be an exception. He had a very good year but he was partially a product of the stiffling Defense in front of him. Did you notice once the Blackhawks figured out how to attack Chara that all of a sudden Rask didn't look so hot. Chara is getting older and slower and once he becomes less effective the Bruins as a team are going down. I wouldn't be shocked if they missed the playoffs next year.

I wouldn't sign any goalie to longer than a 5 year contract. It seems most of them nowadays have a short shelf life where they are at the top of their game. Now that he has $56Million locked up I doubt he plays as motivated either.

I don't think Tukka is as good as everyone think he is. He's an alright goalie who's behind a pretty well trained d core... Once Chicago figured out Chara, Tukka did not shine at all and Chara is only getting older, so I would really wait another season b4 drawing any conclusions...

Also the big bad Bruins were very lucky to pass by Toronto.. The only reason they actually won against Toronto was merely due to the team prematurely celebrating their next playoff round a little to early...

Have to remember Toronto has not been in the playoffs for a very long time prior, so the excitement was a little much...

I gotta laugh at people saying Lou's contract is better.. There is a reason no one wanted Lou and that's his contract. Doesn't his cap hit still count against the Canucks if be retires before contract is up?? Rask played very well in these playoffs and is just entering his prime. He's worth the money.. It's a little much but u can't win with a crap goalie so u gotta lock em up when u get a great one.

Archived