The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Canuck's don't win next year. Should we try to draft Connor McDavid in 2015?

MotherCanucker911

I think Gillis is going to make this "retooling" process a rebuilding process. This guy doesn't know what he's doing. One minute we're "going all in" and competing for a cup. Next, we lose in 5 games and we're "tweaking" the team a little. We then lose in 4 games and we need to "retool". We trade Schneider away because we can't trade Luongo. We are now building for our future with our draft picks. He always seems to be a year behind on what we should actually do..He's going to force a rebuilding process anyways before he leaves. We probably will select Conor McDavid by the looks of it. I'm sick of trying to "believe" every year. This is our motto because our odds are winning are like the lottery. Look at Chicago and Boston. They just came from the finals and already making moves to get them back there. We seem to be a team like San Jose. We can do good against the teams but when it matter's...nothing. It's embarrassing that Chicago(2) and Boston(1) were built after us and have already won the cup. Why don't people see this? Why don't we go and make it happen through the right moves, hard work and the right players/coaching staff. Holy!

Chicago and Pittsburgh among recent winners sucked their way to a Cup. When you draft payers like Kane, and Toews, or Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury (before he sucked) in consecutive years, it makes it far easier.

First thing is obvious...it isn't even 2014 yet. It goes without saying, of course if you have a chance at McDavid, you take it. Seriously though, I would rather us focus on defensive prospects. I mean, of all the D prospects we have that haven't played an NHL game, who is possibly ready to step in? Peter Andersson, maybe.... And then there's Corrado and Sauve that have played NHL games. Really though, we need D prospects BADLY!!!

Archived