The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(REPORT) Canucks Decline Offer for Edler! Still looking to trade him!

Canucks still shopping Edler

July 3, 2013

Even though his no-trade clause kicked in July 1, the Vancouver Canucks are still dangling defenseman Alexander Edler as trade bait.

Edler, 27, will likely need to sign off on any trade the Canucks try to complete, but that hasn't stopped Canucks GM Mike Gillis from shopping him.

With roughly $5 million in available salary cap space, which includes the buyout of defenseman Keith Ballard, the Canucks are looking to create more room to re-sign some of their own players and lure free agents to town.

Canucks GM Mike Gillis and his staff have been fielding calls for All-Star rearguard Alexander Edler, whose no-trade clause kicked in on July 1.

Teams are still speaking to Vancouver about Edler, such as Detroit, Tampa Bay, Montreal and Carolina, but it's unclear if anything is imminent.

The Canucks want to add a young center to man their third line. If they deal Edler, they'd want a young defenseman as part of a package in return

The Detroit Red Wings, Carolina Hurricanes and Montreal Canadiens are among the teams interested in Edler.

A source close to the situation told TFP the Red Wings had offered a package that included young defenseman Brendan Smith in exchange for Edler, but that offer was rejected.

Canucks looking for young third line center and young Defenseman!

Canucks still shopping Edler

Even though his no-trade clause kicked in July 1, the Vancouver Canucks are still dangling defenseman Alexander Edler as trade bait.

Edler, 27, will likely need to sign off on any trade the Canucks try to complete, but that hasn't stopped Canucks GM Mike Gillis from shopping him.

With roughly $8 million in available salary cap space, which includes the buyout of defenseman Keith Ballard, the Canucks are looking to create more room to re-sign some of their own players and lure free agents to town.

According to the Vancouver Province, the Canucks are looking for a young center to man the team's third-line and some top young talent in exchange for Edler.

The Detroit Red Wings, Carolina Hurricanes and Montreal Canadiens are among the teams interested in Edler.

A source close to the situation told TFP the Red Wings had offered a package that included young defenseman Brendan Smith in exchange for Edler, but that offer was rejected.

http://www.topsite.c...ourthperiod.com

Canucks looking for young third line center and some top young talent!

So tired of management looking for a third line centre! Way too fixated on a problem we don't even have, while we have many options for that position. What this team needs is an addition to the non existent 2nd that we've had for two years. Very frustrating.

Yeah, we don't have 8 million in Cap space, and TFP is one of the worst non-sources on the internet.

I think I'm going to make a god-damned hockey website and invite all the best posters from CDC to write it with me.. it would have more cred that that pile of crap, or any other hockey rumor site on the internet for that matter

Yeah, we don't have 8 million in Cap space, and TFP is one of the worst non-sources on the internet.

I think I'm going to make a god-damned hockey website and invite all the best posters from CDC to write it with me.. it would have more cred that that pile of crap, or any other hockey rumor site on the internet for that matter

Archived