The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Colin Stuart and Zach Hamill

Nail

if that is true, MG with another terrible signing, whats with this man and his 'project' players... this guy could have a negative influence on our prospects....

Who cares, it's a low risk signing if nothing else he plays a year for us and gets the boot... Guys like Higgins and Lapierre played good for us. We've gotten great value out of project players and they don't cost us anything significant

You should do some research about that before you make stupid comparisons.

Hodgson's dad basically wanted to be his agent while Brule's dad was legitimately stealing from him and they no longer have contact.

So do they both have daddy problems or no?

I guess it could be argued that there is some potential to the Hamill signing but it's more than a little bit of a stretch. The only argument for it that I would make is that Utica really doesn't have that much in the way of top six scoring talent and at the very least he can bring that.

Stuart is the bigger head scratcher just because I feel like we have prospects that play the same role he does. Just seems like a waste of a contract (especially given how unlikely it is that he'd actually play for the big club). Why not sign him to an AHL contract? I think that brings the Canucks up to 46 once Tanev is finally signed and only one of those (Gaunce) actually has potential of sliding. I would definitely prefer extra flexibility over a depth player we won't use.

This guy cleared waivers last year and NOBODY picked him up for free.

LOL.

Picking him up off waivers would have meant keeping him on the NHL roster. If he's meant for the AHL, there's no way we'd have grabbed him then.

Boston and Washington ruined Hamill's development. Hopefully Travis Greene can put him on the right track and turn his career around....he's still very young. Good move Gillis!

Wat does Washington has anything to do with Hamilton?

Anyway back to the point, Hamill is basically the failure version of Marchand.... Very skilled but small...

He has been actually pumping out good numbers in the Ahl and it seems like the reason he can't crack the team is because there is no more spot for a player like him on Boston (they have Marchand already)

This could turn out to be a surprise for us. I don't know how people can call him a bust when he only had a total of 14 or 20 NHL games under his belt ......

I do however worry about his drug rumors and size tho.

Hamill is a low risk move but there will be minimal reward at best. This reminds me of then the Canucks signed Billy Sweatt. There were such hope that he'd turn things around and since he was a 2nd round pick there must be some talent there. I'd expect the same results from Hamill as the Canucks got from Sweatt.

Archived