The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Mark Fistric

Darkstar

The Canucks are going to be so battered by the time playoffs come around from this guy laying into our forwards.. Would have been very nice to sign him especially at this price and would have sent a message that the Canucks are trying to get tougher and harder to play against... but I bet that Tanev is the number one priority... getting very tired of Tanev holding out like this... sign a freaking contract you've proved nothing

when the report that hainsey may be had for 1mill, i jumped off the fistric train. ducks once again signing a big physical defenseman, hainsey is the best option out there still though. sign hainsey, alberts, and tanev MG!

Don't get why 900,000 is considered a 'bargain' it's about right.

He signed for 1.4/1 year on weak team that not many players want to play for last year and had 0 goals/6 assists in 25 games. Was a healthy scratch for 13 games, then injured for 10... was basically the 7th d-man on a non-playoff team. Anything over 1.1 would have been overpayment IMO.

I was guessing 825,000/1 year.

Don't get why 900,000 is considered a 'bargain' it's about right.

He signed for 1.4/1 year on weak team that not many players want to play for last year and had 0 goals/6 assists in 25 games. Was a healthy scratch for 13 games, then injured for 10... was basically the 7th d-man on a non-playoff team. Anything over 1.1 would have been overpayment IMO.

I was guessing 825,000/1 year.

What about Kuba, did he retire? Was bought our by Florida wasn't he? In order of preference;

Redden

Hainsey

Kuba

O'Byrne

All fairly different D-men who each have something specific that would help the team. I reckon we should be trying to get 2 + Tanev and a forward like Boyes assuming the right price. One and no forward leaves room for our rookie first rounders (with a higher cap) to make the team, and / or save cap space for the deadline...

Redden anyone?

Archived