The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Holds Off Attack If Syria Turns Over All Chemical Weapons

DonLever

That's not what I said.

A purchase that is done, even in US dollars, only increases the amount of US dollars, if those funds are held in US dollars. So, yes, every country has some US funds in reserve. However, in my example, if the UK were to use pounds to buy oil and convert them into US dollars, and the seller then converts them into their own currency, it has no net effect on the amount of US dollars out there. So it's not as simple as saying, "look at all the oil being traded".

Now I understand that dittoheads post was offensive in some ways but he is speaking the truth when he claims the Prophet Mohammed was a pedophile

MUHAMMAD, AISHA, ISLAM, AND CHILD BRIDES

NOTE

I needed to edit and correct this article because I’ve learned some new details. Initially, I believed what many Muslims asserted: Muhammad sexually consummated his marriage to the nine year old Aisha following her first menstruation. HOWEVER, after reading brother Sam Shamoun’s articles (1, 2), I realized that the Quran, the Hadith, and Muslim scholar’s writings state that a Muslim husband can engage in sex with a child-bride before she has her first menses. Further, Muhammad actually did just this – he had intercourse with Aisha prior to her first menses!

This increases the weight and scope of my argument and places Muhammad and Islam in a far darker, more disreputable, light. Many Muslims don’t know this and by their own standards Muhammad did the wrong thing in having sex with a child. Muslims have to answer for their continued support for Muhammad because he transgresses their standards. When children are allowed to be used for sex then that is sexual exploitation; so why do they support the creator and establishment of a system that entrenches the abuse and sexual exploitation of children?

I am not trying to use cheap polemics. Surely you realize that for children there are painful ramifications behind Muhammad’s action. They need to be discussed in detail and in context. It might be offensive to some but it needs to be discussed...........Your claim that his father is a pedophile constitutes a personal attack and on a personal level is more offensive than his original post.

So currently, the UK needs to take British pounds convert them to USD then send those USD to Saudi Arabia for oil.

If and when USD isn't the reserve currency, the UK would send British pounds to Saudi Arabia for oil.

The difference is the demand for USD. First scenario, lots of demand. Second scenario, none.

The effect on the USD is demand whether or not the supply increases or decreases.

Except that Saudi Arabia then goes around and sells those US dollars for other currencies, which in turn creates no net effect on demand. You're misunderstanding your own theory. The increase in demand is not caused by the transactions but by the increased reserves that countries need to keep on hand in order to complete the transactions.

Even then, the solution for the US is pretty simple, just print less money. There's about 800 billion in US currency in the world. About 2/3 of that is outside the USA. Most of that is not, however, used for exclusively oil. Countries and private entities/citizens hold US currency in their reserve, because it is the most stable currency in the world. Several countries officially or unofficially as their own currency.

Most recently China refused to trade oil in USD, switching to the Yuan. It made no difference to the USD beyond a short term drop of a 1-2 cents. China is the world's 3rd largest oil importer.

well, in all honesty THIS is the war the west needed to step in to stop.

Libya Iraq Afghanistan all for profit resources which has been proven to be true many times over.

But Syria has no oil or gold reserves, not does it have the opiates needed for big pharmaceutical companies to sustain profits.

So....ya.

Except now Iran Russia and China have stepped in to say you better not and now Obama has literally no choice....kind of scary

1) Israel did not ever hide the fact it was using white phospohorous. White phosphorous is a common tool of war it is used to hide troop movements and light up dark areas. It's commonly used by many armies, including Canada in Afghanistan, the USA in Iraq, Brtain everywhere.

2) Israel was criticized, after the fact, because the white phospohorous cannisters were considered incidiery devices, not because they were chemical weapons. They attacked Hamas operatives that were near the UN warehouse. The UN warehouse that was set on fire, by artillery shells and not white phosphorous, contained food and not people.

3) What would you suggest as punishment?

A good little article featuring the rational opinions of Colin Powell that some of you may have missed:

source

Colin Powell: 'Syria beyond US capabilities'

Colin Powell says the US has to be clever in its dealings with the Middle East. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is cautious about any possible Syrian intervention, warning that the two-year-old civil war was likely beyond US capabilities to affect any meaningful change. "I have no affection for Assad," Powell told Bob Schieffer on US show Face the Nation, while mentioning he knows the Syrian president and has personally dealt with him. "He's a pathological liar."

However, he added: "I am less sure of the resistance. What do they represent? Is it becoming even more radicalised with more al Qaeda coming in, and what would it look like if they prevailed and Assad went? I don't know". Calls for US-led intervention have intensified in recent days after horrifying video footage emerged of an alleged chemical attack on Aug. 21. A senior administration official harboured "very little doubt" the Assad regime was behind the attack, despite their denials.

"In both Egypt and Syria, America has to take a much more clever role," Powell said. "We shouldn't go around thinking that we can really make things happen. We can influence things and we can be ready to help people when problems have been resolved or one side has prevailed over the other. "To think that we can change things immediately just because we're America, that's not necessarily the case. These are internal struggles."

His comments are in stark contrast to John McCain, who has called for "limited military actions ... that can change the balance of power". A retired four-star general, Powell served as Secretary of State during the Bush administration from 2001-2005. His testimony to the United Nations in 2003 was instrumental in garnering international support for the Iraq war. Many Americans oppose Syrian intervention even if there is confirmation that chemical weapons were used.

1) nowhere in the Quran states that a Muslim is able to have intercourse let alone marry a girl that has not hit puberty, wherever you got that information is false and invalid.

2) Many sources claim that Aisha did Marry the prophet at a young age but she also did not live with him until many years later when she hit puberty.

3) also her age is still up in the air no one can clearly prove that she married at the age of 9, I have read articles that say otherwise.

4) For example up until the year 1869 the age of consent in MOST STATES IN THE USA was 7 years old!!!!!!!! that was like 200 years ago.. and we are talking about 1400 years ago where societies norm was much different then what it is now. Things happening today that seem normal to us may be rejected by generations before us and vice versa. Not condoning marriage with girls under the age of 10 (still don't believe to be true).

5) If people believe this to be surprising or scary then they really need to go research other religions where there is no age of consent to marriage, where you are able to have intercourse with a 3 year old. Not going to bring up any names but this has been going on longer then any of us care to know and although it is wrong, the state of mind 1400 years ago was alot different then it is now.

The US used depleted uranium all throughout there operations in Iraq and still use it in Afghanistan to this day. This has caused high birth defects and cancer. It's been directly related to it. Very little has been made public about it... They also used so much agent orange in Vietnam that there are still repercussions to this day.

The proof they are going on is absolutely terrible... The poison gas hit the Ghouta area, where acres upon acres of agricultural land supply the capital of 3 million people with fresh vegetables, meat and dairy. Ghouta feeds Damascus: the city Assad lives in, the city that supplies SAA. SAA did not gas the people... FSA did.... There is proof that some websites reported the gas attacks a day before it even happend... Whats even worse is that the UN inspectors were being fired on from inside the FSA lines... You know, the same side the West support. hasn't there already been kidnappings of UN members from the FSA in the past?

It really makes zero sense that the Americans fight Al Qaeda in one country and then support them in another. The FSA is completely flooded with Al Qaeda linked groups and extremists.

Wow, CDC is full of a bunch of conspiracy theorists... Israel? Obama? CIA is doing this? IF Assad did NOT do this, why would he NOT let the UN to examine but instead destroy the evidence. Secondly, if Russia is backing Syria this MUST be someone else... What a bunch of clowns on here.

Archived