The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Broker: Vancouver Heritage Classic tickets not selling well

-Vintage Canuck-

Garbage. I looked up tickets and for something I'd want to sit at for this will be about 180-200. Family of four makes this a thousand dollar event? Not bloody likely.

And season tickets in 314 row 11 seats 1-2 are about 42 each. My old boss had them. The list price is higher per game.

Why pay hundreds of dollars to watch what will mostly likely be an indoor game in a football stadium? I say that because chances are it will be pissing rain and the roof will be closed.

I personally would rather watch the game in the comfort of my own home, on my large HD TV, with lots of good food, lots of relatively inexpensive beer, and not squished amongst tens of thousands (potentially) of other spectators. A way better experience and practically for free. I really dont care what happens with that game in terms of the dome being open or closed due to weather, as long as the Canucks win.

Why are people whining about the price so much? I get it if you are a family of 4 or more, but if you just go with spouse on a date, you can easily pay the same price. When was the last time you cheapos took your spouse out for a good date anyways?

Unfortunately it's all about money and greed, that's the image the NHL casts. Can you imagine if they had put portable seating ( like they did at the PNE for the Lions/Whitecaps) and located it in Whistler...the backdrop and the setting would have earned rave reviews.....same in Alberta put it in Banff or Jasper....absolutely spectacular even non hockey fans would have been talking about it likely for years. But no lets try and fleece the fans bury our noses into the trough and think about bulging pockets rather than expanding the game. Pathetic

Well for one I've lived here 15 years and I still can't believe that these ticket brokers are legally allowed to opperate out here, blatant rip off of the public. Secondly, this "Heritage Classic" was really not well thought out. Who the hell cares about Canucks vs Ottawa? Barely an open air stadium and in March? Vancouver get's the cheesiest chintziest one.

Unfortunately it's all about money and greed, that's the image the NHL casts. Can you imagine if they had put portable seating ( like they did at the PNE for the Lions/Whitecaps) and located it in Whistler...the backdrop and the setting would have earned rave reviews.....same in Alberta put it in Banff or Jasper....absolutely spectacular even non hockey fans would have been talking about it likely for years. But no lets try and fleece the fans bury our noses into the trough and think about bulging pockets rather than expanding the game. Pathetic

Archived