The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kessel and Leafs haven’t talked contract, won’t negotiate in-season

Any idiot could have performed better than Nonis this offseason, what exactly did he do to deserve a 5 year extension :picard:

Right when it gets good to be a Leafs fan someone has to crap all over it eh?

The Leafs may have some cap issues, and may have overpaid for Clarkson, but his addition along with Bolland... Theyre going to be one of the toughest teams to play against this season, especially if Bernier breaks out as a true #1...

Even without Kadri/Franson:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

JVR - Bolland - Clarkson

Kulemin - Colborne - Carter

McLaren - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnarson

Liles - Holzer

Fraser - Gardiner

Reilly

Bernier

Reimer

Theri D could really use some help, but I think theyll get Franson done. NOt much depth at center, but thats a ferocious forechecking squad.

I actually think that's likely to happen to a degree.

TO and their media cannot stomach the idea of losing their Golden Boy even if his comparative value is overstated. Phaneuf will probably be re-upped too.

Between them, I can imagine they will spend north of $13 mil over long term contracts rather than allow them to walk and make better money efficient moves. This past offseason shows the thinking in that regard has not changed. With an increased cap next year they will throw all of it at these two players, I'd guess.

That 5.2 till 2020 with a ntc for Clarkson has got to be the worst contract signed by any GM this offseason. Right after the Bozac signing. OMG am I glad Nonis isn't our GM. To give the money he did to those 2 guys with term and ntc's. I would be freaking if I was a TO fan.

They have been building for so long and finally got a playoff birth and faired well against a tough opponent.

Now it looks like they are in for another rebuild and all it takes is for some team with a smart GM and the cap space to offer sheet Kadri more than TO can afford and it will be one hell of a long rebuild.

He's gone at the end of the year . He's pretty socially awkward , possibly social anxiety , and to deal with that circus of a media night in and night out probably drives him nuts . I have a strong feeling he's cashing in in a smaller market south of the border.

Suck it nonis

Remember when Nonis offered Schneider, Bourdon, first, second and a third for Brad Richards? I'm just happy that Feaster was Tampa's GM and said no to the deal. That's right Leafs fans Feaster refused the trade, GL with your GM.

Firing burke was the stupidest decision Toronto owners made.

Archived