The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Moving Jordan Schroeder To 2nd Line Right Wing A Good Idea?

Southpop45

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's not bad, but Schroeder's better and it'd allow Kesler to utilize his shot. Kesler/Booth hasn't exactly generated fantastic chemistry, where I think having someone like Schroeder with them (or with Kesler/Burrows more likely) would free them up to worry about the rest of their game.

I like the idea of Schroeder on the 2nd line wing; he has speed, is probably our best playmaker after the Sedins and we've long wished for someone to compliment the shoot first style of the others that have been on our second line.

His playmaking would be wasted on a line with Booth and Kesler. Neither likes to give up the puck once they get it. Which has been a problem and why I'd prefer they were split up. A playmaker is pretty useless if he doesn't have control of the puck and Schroeder wouldn't playing with Booth and Kesler. Burrows and Kesler have been great defensively but Burrows hasn't been particularly productive on a line with him. This is why I'd put Schroeder between Burrows and Booth. Kesler has shown chemistry playing with both Higgins and Hansen and both wingers are excellent defensively. Both lines should be productive and a Higgins/Kesler/Hansen line would be outstanding in a shutdown role. I see all three scoring 20+ while in a shutdown role.

I don't like the idea of having a C that has proven to be ineffective on the wing, on the wing. It is my opinion, which is based on years of following Schroeder's development - much of which was discussed in threads here on this site. I decided to express my opinion here, since I've seen lots of people suggesting this in various threads recently, and now this entire thread is brought up about the idea. I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to you, but suffice it to say I'll express my opinion within the forum's rules wherever the eff I feel like.

His playmaking would be wasted on a line with Booth and Kesler. Neither likes to give up the puck once they get it. Which has been a problem and why I'd prefer they were split up. A playmaker is pretty useless if he doesn't have control of the puck and Schroeder wouldn't playing with Booth and Kesler. Burrows and Kesler have been great defensively but Burrows hasn't been particularly productive on a line with him. This is why I'd put Schroeder between Burrows and Booth. Kesler has shown chemistry playing with both Higgins and Hansen and both wingers are excellent defensively. Both lines should be productive and a Higgins/Kesler/Hansen line would be outstanding in a shutdown role. I see all three scoring 20+ while in a shutdown role.

That's certainly one opinion. I think he can still play an important top 6 role, even as wing. He might not have success in that role before but it was during his first year as a pro, early in the season. He has improved a lot since then. He played well in the NHL last year, and was great once back in the A. He's cap hit is great and he has tons o skill, he deserves his chance.

Archived