The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth isn't that bad

Everybody Hates Raymond

The personal attacks on Booth are misplaced. He hunts. Ok. Those type of stories are inflammatory. Look at the poor little kid peeing in the mall garbage can. Inflammatory attacks posted on the internet without all the facts. The issue with Booth and the Canucks is that he makes 4.25m per year and is almost always hurt. If he was not here this summer the Canucks would have wound up with 6.5m (Booth's contract plus remaining cap space) to spend to help our top 6. That is what the issue is. Personal attacks are wrong.

You're not happy people are bashing Booth, yet your choice of user name speaks volumes. The irony is not missed. Every one loves to bash a guy who is a finesse player, but also fast as heck, good defensive and penalty killer, and makes half what Booth is being paid for roughly the same point totals.

Seriously, I'm getting a bit tired of every single topic Booth is mentioned in, 90% of the posts are people flinging their crap like monkeys at the guy. Is it really necessary for you to throw in an extra "LOLZ" or "Go kill a bear?", on top of the "Booth is absolute garbage" stuff? This is one of those reasons a lot of other fanbases look down on us, and we're generally considered some of if not the worst fans - the way we slander our team's players.

Here's the facts about Booth:

- He's injured a lot, which he may not be able to help

- He has personal hobbies that many here do not agree with

- As a Canuck, he has the pace of 21 goals (rounded up from 20.5) in an 82 game season, along with 18 assists for a total of 39 points. Is that great? No, not really. But he's certainly not the absolute garbage people try to make him out to be.

So for me? I'm happy he's aiming to be better than ever and try to get into the Olympics, and still be a factor there. Hopefully he can do it.

David Booth is good. His only issue is injuries. But when he plays he's very effective, he's just been unlucky.

As for the hunting, I've never understood why people care about that. Hunting is the most ethical way to get your meat. Where do people think the meat in grocery stores comes from?

Booth's hands are no where near where they used to be. He isn't a second liner on a cup contending team and shouldn't be for us either. His tendencies of skating with one hand on his stick and playing basic styled hockey has contributed to his playing style pushing him to be more of a 3rd line player. Which is frustrating because having 4million sit on your third line isn't always the best option. Overall, I just don't think he fits on this team, especially for his price tag.

Booth has shown, even during his time here, that he is actually a very good player and in all honesty I don't think he is overpaid when you look at contracts these days.

I don't know what happened but since he has been here he just got hit with totally freak and unfortunate injuries.

Just freak injuries....I mean how many more times can this happen to the guy?

When Booth gets into game shape and can stay healthy, I think he will surprise some people.

Archived