The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

Apricot

A couple of points:

Regarding the 6th defenseman, I agree with everyone here that Alberts has been awful so far this pre-season. However, he was solid last year and when he plays like that he's an asset, as the Canucks don't have a lot of size on the back end.

He still has to improve if he wants to be in the opening night lineup, but I can see a scenario where Torts plays him against the teams with big, physical forwards like the three clubs in California, while Weber gets the nod against teams with less size and more speed, like the Oilers.

Of course, all bets are off if Gillis finds someone on the waiver wire who looks like an upgrade. There are a few teams that are up against the Cap who may have to make a hard decision on a bottom pairing defenseman and if that player looks like a better option for the #6 spot (and fits under the Canucks' Cap) we could have someone else entirely starting in the Shark tank.

One other thing regarding Shinkaruk or Horvat:

I don't think either spends the entire season in Vancouver, but if I had to choose one or the other, my choice would be Hunter.

Right now, both Santorelli and Richardson look like they can play center for the Canucks. Yes, Bo could move to the wing (and might ultimately do so) but to me, it makes more sense to keep the guy who's natural position it is. Horvat might be a better defensive player, but last night not withstanding, I think the Canucks will need all the offense they can muster this season and Shinkaruk looks like best bet to provide it.

if hunter doesn't score do you keep him in? or can you do you have to aknowledge the great goals. I guess you do but I like gaunces passing/d a bit better. Havent noticed much from hunter apart from him being pretty keen on the puck, just excecution isn't quite there. maybe id like him to carry the puck a bit more? suppose he doesn't want to get in trouble just yet.

This is pretty funny but typically CDC. Shink scores two pretty fluky goals and he is elevated to NHL top 6. No doubt he has energy but he is not controlling the puck. He is young and light. I think both Horvat and Guance fit what the Canucks need more, especially after seeing Booth's game. In any event I think all three, Shink, Guance and Horvat should be back in junior.

This is pretty funny but typically CDC. Shink scores two pretty fluky goals and he is elevated to NHL top 6. No doubt he has energy but he is not controlling the puck. He is young and light. I think both Horvat and Guance fit what the Canucks need more, especially after seeing Booth's game. In any event I think all three, Shink, Guance and Horvat should be back in junior.

Had smurf Riviera nino ... etc been rangers fans after lastnights game

"TRADE LUNDQ5IST HE'S GOT NO TECHNICAL GOALIE SKILLZ, BIRON IS THE NEW FACE OF THE FRANCHISE lolzzzz"

Jokes aside it was preseason but I expect luongo to he money in the bank anytime we meet av in the regular season. Or any other big game for that matter... njd, nyr, boston, Chicago, etc he'll surely have a winning record as he always shows uup.

I thought Booth played well despite missing 6 months of game action. If he stays healthy, he could be the ace up Torts sleeve. Burrows and the Sedins played their game. Kesler was noticeable. Maybe because Higgins was in the lineup. They seem to feed off each other when the play is down low in the Rangers end.

And the goal by Shinkaruk last night was a flukey goal. It careamed off the dmans skate and went straight in the top corner. As for his goal against SJ. That does not go in on an NHL caliber goalie.

I thought Booth played well despite missing 6 months of game action. If he stays healthy, he could be the ace up Torts sleeve. Burrows and the Sedins played their game. Kesler was noticeable. Maybe because Higgins was in the lineup. They seem to feed off each other when the play is down low in the Rangers end.

And the goal by Shinkaruk last night was a flukey goal. It careamed off the dmans skate and went straight in the top corner. As for his goal against SJ. That does not go in on an NHL caliber goalie.

It was a good game all around. Luo was spectacular and showed off all of the hard work he's been saying he's putting in into improving his game. Booth looked to be at least where he was when we saw him last. A little work on his shot accuracy and he's finally going to be the player we were hoping for. Burrows had his best game in I don't know how long. Bieksa played well and stood up for his guys. Hamhuis showed even Simpsons characters have attitude. Shinkaruk continued to look good. (He's been our best performing young star since the young stars tournament.) Horvat showed some of what we hoped we were going to get from him when we drafted him. He might have gotten reassigned to the Comets, but I thought even Corrado looked good and showed a lot of poise for a young guy.

Here's hoping we gets lots more of that kind of hard work, team effort, and focus in the regular season!

Archived