The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Manny Malholtra with the Charlotte Checkers

You guys need to take the tinfoil OFF your heads. Are you seriously suggesting Mike Gillis would purposely hide the fact that Manny is fit to play? Manny left a huge hole in our lineup that we haven't been able to completely fill. Am I supposed to believe Mike Gillis doesn't want us to win? This was a hard decision for Gillis, but only he has all the facts.

You guys need to take the tinfoil OFF your heads. Are you seriously suggesting Mike Gillis would purposely hide the fact that Manny is fit to play? Manny left a huge hole in our lineup that we haven't been able to completely fill. Am I supposed to believe Mike Gillis doesn't want us to win? This was a hard decision for Gillis, but only he has all the facts.

+ 1

I just hope Gillis is not proved right

Was exactly my first thought. Sometimes an athlete is too close to it to see the reality and they put themselves at risk of serious injury. Best of luck to Manny- would love to see him prove everyone wrong (Let's be fair I doubt that Gillis was the only one saying he can't play- that advice had to come from somewhere and he has to be the messenger)

After he said he could play and Gillis said he couldn't, could you really see the two working together in a management capacity?

I'm glad to see someone is giving him a shot. I hope he proves Gillis was wrong.

At the time Gillis was correct. Gillis did the right thing. Manny was not the same player, and i his vision is really as bad as speculated, he could be putting himself in serious danger.

He makes $12,370,000 over his career (6 years). That needs to last him till he dies.

A family with an income of $40,000 over roughly 42 years (whats the retirement age? 60?) makes $16,800,000.

$16,800,000 > $12,370,000

It's hard not to feel sorry.

Im guessing your wife is the bread winner...and the mathematician?

He makes $12,370,000 over his career (6 years). That needs to last him till he dies.

A family with an income of $40,000 over roughly 42 years (whats the retirement age? 60?) makes $16,800,000.

$16,800,000 > $12,370,000

It's hard not to feel sorry.

Crap... that means Manny will be broke in 420 years! I think the number 420 is fairly appropriate when trying to figure out what you are on when you post.

At the time Gillis was correct. Gillis did the right thing. Manny was not the same player, and i his vision is really as bad as speculated, he could be putting himself in serious danger.

What I don't get is that if was not healthy enough to play how the hell was he healthy enough to play in the first 9 games that year and ironically get shutdown the day Kesler comes back? I think it was more of a quality issue than a health concern to be honest.

What I don't get is that if was not healthy enough to play how the hell was he healthy enough to play in the first 9 games that year and ironically get shutdown the day Kesler comes back? I think it was more of a quality issue than a health concern to be honest.

Umm, his body may have been healthy, but his eye clearly wasn't. And last time I checked, his caphit was still on the books so he could still get paid by us.

So, listening to everybody whine about what Gillis & Manny should have done aside;

Does anybody have anything USEFUL to post regarding Manny's progress? How's he doin'?

According to the Internet Hockey Database, he's played 2 games with 0 points and is a +-0.

Here's his player's page: http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=25931

And here's the team's page: http://www.hockeydb....0060542014.html

If he could trade Cody our future team captain and the next Joe Sakic he certainly could destroy Manny's career while laughing maniacally from his hidden lair.

Or at least I am guessing that's where a lot of the Gillis hate comes from. The timing for taking Manny out looked bad but I think his tryout was until Kesler got back. Manny failed and it was painful to watch.

Umm, his body may have been healthy, but his eye clearly wasn't. And last time I checked, his caphit was still on the books so he could still get paid by us.

Okay, but how was his eye healthy enough to play the first 9 games then, that's what I'm getting at.

Okay, but how was his eye healthy enough to play the first 9 games then, that's what I'm getting at.

It wasn't, which is the point, but there isn't exactly a precise fitness test you can do for his eye to ensure he can play. It was borderline and only through play could they determine whether or not he was putting himself at risk. The team felt he was and chose to make the decision for him rather than allow for risk above acceptable levels by letting him play.

This is totally random, but I thought I read somewhere that there is a visor that is designed to help boast peripheral vision??? Wonder if Manny is using that....

Doubt it would help. Even if if gave you a 10 times boost to peripheral ten times nothing is still nothing.

After he said he could play and Gillis said he couldn't, could you really see the two working together in a management capacity?

I'm glad to see someone is giving him a shot. I hope he proves Gillis was wrong.

You should remember how he was playing right after the cup loss, he was much slower.

Archived