The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Manny Malholtra with the Charlotte Checkers

:picard: Great guy but needs to accept the end of his playing career. Could bring so much as a coach/mentor....ughh

Well, one way or the other he's going to find out f he can still play at level good enough for the NHL. He'll have his answer by the end of the 25 games I'd suspect.

Take it from a guy who knows injuries... HE's DONE!

Judging from your past threads, I will decline to take it from you.

Well, one way or the other he's going to find out f he can still play at level good enough for the NHL. He'll have his answer by the end of the 25 games I'd suspect.

Judging from your past threads, I will decline to take it from you.

Yeah but it's like watching a good friend repeatedly get off the mat in a fight everyone but him knows he's losing. It's ugly.

I was just signing in to see if anyone had heard anything about Manny and this was there. Thanks for the info. I hope he is okay to play and gets a contract. He has had a really hard few years. Best of luck!!

Getting payed millions to do what you love is really hard, yeah. Can't believe people feel sympathy for these players who make more in one year than this whole forum makes in a life time.

Getting payed millions to do what you love is really hard, yeah. Can't believe people feel sympathy for these players who make more in one year than this whole forum makes in a life time.

False.

Per a single day's visit, there are about 1000 visitors on these forums (there are way more users actually active over a longer span)

If everyone made about $40,000 a year, by your logic, we would have made $40,000,000 in one year.

Now, over a lifetime, you do the math.

According to Capgeek Manny has made $12,370,000 over his NHL career before tax, and commission.

$40,000,000 in one year > $12,370,000 NHL Career

ZING

False.

Per a single day's visit, there are about 1000 visitors on these forums (there are way more users actually active over a longer span)

If everyone made about $40,000 a year, by your logic, we would have made $40,000,000 in one year.

According to Capgeek Manny has made $12,370,000 over his NHL career before tax, and commission.

ZING

It's an exaggeration. Not sure if you've ever heard of one. ZING

It's an exagerration. Not sure if you've ever heard of one. ZING

He makes $12,370,000 over his career (6 years). That needs to last him till he dies.

A family with an income of $40,000 over roughly 42 years (whats the retirement age? 60?) makes $16,800,000.

$16,800,000 > $12,370,000

It's hard not to feel sorry.

False.

$40,000,000 in one year > $12,370,000 NHL Career

ZING

You forget to mention the money his money would make. $1,000,000 at 4% he will make that $40,000+ yearly easily. Now say he say $2,000,000 or more you do the math.

The guy is set for life. I think everybody would feel bad about the way his NHL career ended but hard to feel to sorry for him.

I think he'd make a fine 4th line centre/pker in the NHL still. Gillis just cut him short trying to shake up a team that look like it lost its drive after the cup run. I'm a gillis supporter but that wasn't a safety issue, it's not like manny was getting blind sided left and right.

I do agree he lost a bit of his touch but I'd take manny over some of the other 4th line C in the league.

You forget to mention the money his money would make. $1,000,000 at 4% he will make that $40,000+ yearly easily. Now say he say $2,000,000 or more you do the math.

The guy is set for life. I think everybody would feel bad about the way his NHL career ended but hard to feel to sorry for him.

It's not about the money. It's about being told you can no longer play your chosen sport. If it was about the money, he'd be taking a management job that would pay more than a PTO on the Charlotte Checkers.

Take it from a guy who knows injuries... HE's DONE!

Malholtra, Gillis, AV, and the rest of us DID take it from a guy who knows injuries, a team of guys who know injuries in fact - otherwise known as the medical team which cleared Malholtra to resume playing after recovering, then again the next two season starts before Gilils decided looked at the cap math, did some tinkering, and decided the experts - and the player - had to be wrong ;)

Archived