The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] NYI Matt Moulson + Picks for BUF Thomas Vanek

Strombone1

Lol, I feel bad for NYI this is Feaster esk. Moulson is a good player, first and second would have been enough with a mediocre player. should have been Moulson plus a second, but hey we don't know until the end of the year if it was good or bad.

Wow. Now, can Hodgson carry a team?

Who can score the goals?!

Someone has to, unless they are going to set records in a bad, bad way.

I dunno, Moulson is a pretty good trigger man.

If Hodgson is feeding him passes, I don't think his stats will be affected too much.

Hmm. As the resident Isles fan, you have to give to get. Moulson is incredibly underrated, and I'm not sure he was worth getting rid of. He leads the league in PPGs, so it's not as if he wasn't performing.

However, Vanek is a better player who has not played with someone as good as Tavares. I believe you will see Vanek's stats increase significantly playing with Tavares.

Giving a 1st round pick seems like a lot, so not sure how I feel about that. However, 2014 draft isn't supposed to be very deep, so they may not be giving up a lot. Time will tell with this one.

Isles got robbed. Moulson brings the same elements to the table that Vanek does but is actually signed at a very reasonable price. Plus Isles mess up Tavares chemistry as him and Moulson were the go to guys for them. And add that Vanek will likely not sign with them since he probably wants to win a Cup, in overall making a really big 'wtf just happened' moment.

Archived