The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan takes off Jets' player's helmet; Girlfriend pours beer on player

JE14

I don't find this hilarious at all. Stealing from and assaulting a man who can't defend himself is the definition of cowardice. It's even worse when you're doing it as a part of a crowd.

And I don't get the attitude that ripping his helmet off (which probably hurt) is funny but the beer (which would probably make a hockey player smell slightly better but little else) is not. Neither was funny. Neither was okay!

I don't find this hilarious at all. Stealing from and assaulting a man who can't defend himself is the definition of cowardice. It's even worse when you're doing it as a part of a crowd.

And I don't get the attitude that ripping his helmet off (which probably hurt) is funny but the beer (which would probably make a hockey player smell slightly better but little else) is not. Neither was funny. Neither was okay!

At the risk of being called a stick in the mud I have to agree. Both fans should be banned for life.

From a Chicago fan.

Posted Today, 05:04 AM

Sorry, but that is a horrible classless moment for our fan base. Guy gets knocked into the crowd, gets his helmet stolen, gets beer poured on him, and gets his stick stolen. We're not Nucks fans. We should be above stuff like that.

Posted Today, 11:13 AM

Btw the guy that stole the helmet is Kevin Mize owner of OHare honda in Des plaines

As a hockey fan and an American, this video disgusts me. Stealing, assault and battery on a defenseless individual, and violating someone's basic human rights tend to not sit well with me. Is anybody surprised that we see no efforts made security to do anything at all? How about all of the fans around them that do nothing and laugh and cheer on the idiocy? If you've ever been to Chicago, you should not be surprised since that is the status quo in Chicago. These things happen at every game and a lot of times outside of stadiums, too. The "police"/"security" only punish people who are not cheering for the home team, and look the other way. It's not America, it's Chicago - and this week, they are fairweatherhawks fan. I'm sure most Chicago fans think it is funny because they hate hockey and don't believe in basic freedoms if you don't cheer for "the right team." <sarcasm>But as so many people have pointed out on here, that is acceptable because it happens other places and with other fans </sarcasm>. That is exactly the attitude that makes this type of incident "okay" in some people's eys, and it really is a shame. Do the world a favor if you think is acceptable behavior - kill your offspring, then kill yourself. We really want you eliminated from the gene pool entirely.

I wonder how this would have been reported if this happened in Vancouver?

if this happened in vancouver everyone in the first few rows wouldve been knocked out by the piece of glass falling on them because their faces would be in their cell phones and not paying attention to the game.

I agree with you - and there's a fair amount of fail in this thread that excuses ripping a helmet off a player's head - the primary act - but delves into a bunch of (kind of sexist sounding) judgemental commentary regarding the woman following that up by pouring her beer on Pardy - arguably the lesser and more common of the two 'assaults'.

In any event, if that guy does truly own a car dealership, it would probably be a wise move once he sobers up to have one of his staff, if not himself, deliver a four wheeled apology to Adam Pardy.

As a hockey fan and an American, this video disgusts me. Stealing, assault and battery on a defenseless individual, and violating someone's basic human rights tend to not sit well with me. Is anybody surprised that we see no efforts made security to do anything at all? How about all of the fans around them that do nothing and laugh and cheer on the idiocy? If you've ever been to Chicago, you should not be surprised since that is the status quo in Chicago. These things happen at every game and a lot of times outside of stadiums, too. The "police"/"security" only punish people who are not cheering for the home team, and look the other way. It's not America, it's Chicago - and this week, they are fairweatherhawks fan. I'm sure most Chicago fans think it is funny because they hate hockey and don't believe in basic freedoms if you don't cheer for "the right team." <sarcasm>But as so many people have pointed out on here, that is acceptable because it happens other places and with other fans </sarcasm>. That is exactly the attitude that makes this type of incident "okay" in some people's eys, and it really is a shame. Do the world a favor if you think is acceptable behavior - kill your offspring, then kill yourself. We really want you eliminated from the gene pool entirely.

I love how you go on this rant about these classless fans but in the end you advocate murder and suicide.

You should look up definition of contradiction next time.

What a load of garbage!

Archived