The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Vs Sharks [Canucks LOSS]

TheMohammadman

Good thing I missed this one :/

Kesler and Edler get another -1 each.

Edler needs to step the f*** up. I'm sick and tired of him parading his useless arse around our back end.

He has the potential to be a physical, and an offensive force. (Though I question his defensive abilities).

It's all between the ears with Edler.

Wow that last letter E, I genuinely had no idea he spelled his name with an E at the end.

You still knew who I meant though.

Whos the guy he's fighting in your avatar

I actually had no idea...

And it's some random euro player during an exhibition game a few years ago.

We're a perimeter team? How did we get the first goal? Oh yeah right cuz we got a sedin in front of the net

Sorry angel but I disagree with you.

I can't count the number of times an opposing goalie has

Kicked out a rebound arojnd the netthat none of our forwards are anywhere remotely near.

We're a perimeter team? How did we get the first goal? Oh yeah right cuz we got a sedin in front of the net

most of our shots recently have been from the outside bud, and not enough traffic..pointing to one goal is silly...and actually proves the point...go to the net, get traffic and it might go in...

we're not getting to the net, why is that? size, fatigue, mental laziness who knows...but we 're not...

We have some of the best depth in the league. Who else can say they have guys like Higgins, Hansen and Santorelli on their 3rd line?? None!

Problem is, neither can we, and that's where they should be, at least 2 of em. Its the secondary, not depth scoring that we are missing. 2ndary scoring really comes down to 1 player, an above average 2nd liner. Kesler was our man, but now he's on the 1st and Burrows ain't buying a goal right now. Doensn't help that Daniel has seemingly turned into half a grinder, thus adding more importance to the need.

There are guys available for the right price, Gillis just has to decide between eternal mediocrity, or a real push. As much as people want to love our prospects and dream of their successful future.. None, NONE, of them are likely to match what the Sedins and Kes are now.

schroeder has yet to have been placed with real offensive players in his entire career with the canucks. not even in the ahl since we never had a real sniper.

how is it that kassian has had a shot with the sedins, yet we don't give arguably our best current young offensive player (skills wise) a role with offensive players who can score? he is a terrific skater, a great great passer, you are quickly forgetting the passes he was making with mayray and hansen last year....

he is patient with the puck as well..he simply needs wingers with size who can also score....its time to really give him his chance in my view...we might have the solution in house but wont know till we give the kid a real shot..and hey has has earned it, he gives everything and more...

he was drafted as an offensive center, its time to give him that ice...

I'm not saying don't give it a shot. I just think he's got a lot to prove. I don't think he's the answer to the problem of finding a 2c.

Agree! They played a hard game tonight and executed well except for their offensive finish. The guys are playing hard to get the chances but they simply are not talented enough to bury the chances. Against top teams, you don't get a lot of chances and you have to bury them. Middle of the pack talent-wise and if they make the playoffs, they're out in the first round.

Their current state falls on Gillis and his failure to address a know need for the last 3 years!

Are you suggesting the likes of Burrows, the Sedins, Kesler, Santorelli and Higgins are not talented enough? I disagree. They are not getting the breaks and not many bounces.

You suggest this is all the fault of Gillis. You blame but have no idea what Gillis has tried to do in getting personnel. Do you think the other GMs are simply going to give Gillis a carte blanch pick of any player he wants? What player(s) are/is out there that you as the GM of the Canucks can guarantee will make this team more talented and in particular, what assets are you willing to give up in the deal? Please remember the future of the team and the Utica affiliate.

You be GM for a day and impart some of your wisdom and GM expertise. Make up a dream team for Vancouver; you profess you know how to do it or how someone else should do it. Remember, the key is common sense and not some fifth grade suggestion that is void of all reality.

It is certainly easy to sit back and blame as an armchair GM, (what have you got to lose with loose internet suggestions and talk) however, it is another thing to to be practical, especially when you have to be accountable to others.

Go ahead, give it your best shot. Remember, I'll be as negative about your suggestions as you are about what Gillis has done.

Are you suggesting the likes of Burrows, the Sedins, Kesler, Santorelli and Higgins are not talented enough? I disagree. They are not getting the breaks and not many bounces.

You suggest this is all the fault of Gillis. You blame but have no idea what Gillis has tried to do in getting personnel. Do you think the other GMs are simply going to give Gillis a carte blanch pick of any player he wants? What player(s) are/is out there that you as the GM of the Canucks can guarantee will make this team more talented and in particular, what assets are you willing to give up in the deal? Please remember the future of the team and the Utica affiliate.

You are GM for a day, impart some of your wisdom and GM expertise. Make up a dream team for Vancouver; you profess you know how to do it. The key is common sense and not some fifth grade suggestion that is void of all reality.

It is certainly easy to sit back and blame as an armchair GM, (what have you got to lose with loose internet suggestions and talk) however, it is another thing to to be practical, especially when you have to be accountable to others.

Go ahead, give it your best shot. Remember, I'll be as negative about your suggestions as you are about what Gillis has done.

Pay me what Gillis makes and I'll share my ideas. :bigblush:

It's been a recognized weakness of this team for three years that they lack secondary scoring and if you can shut down the Sedins, the Nucks can't score. I'm suggesting that HIggy, Burr, Santo etc are being asked to contribute at a level that is beyond their skill. If you don't agree, fine. It matters not to me. Many Nuck fans have a tendency to overrate their players.

After three years, fans are within their rights to call out Gillis on why he hasn't moved some assets to fill that need. This team looks to have the same issues it has had in the past and the GM has not been able to get the job done. Other GMs have. Winnipeg didn't seem to hesitate to get Bobby Ryan when ALfie left. Boston landed Iginla ...Loads of examples of trades and FA signings by other teams to fill their roster with talent. Chicago just landed Versteeg (as if they don't have enough talent already). MG lands Dalpe and Welsh.

Santorelli and Higgins are good 3rd liners with the ability to fill in on the second for short periods but not really 2nd line goal scorers. Burrows has struggled to generate offense unless he plays with Hank. Kesler is a banger with a shot but can't beat anyone in the league one-on-one.

The lack of a bonified offensive talent is holding back this team.

And I don't have to be a GM to have an opinion and neither do you.

Archived