The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Booth needs to ‘make the same sort of effort everyone else is making,’ says Canucks GM

TheMohammadman

Breaking your ankle is one, If not the worst kind of injury to have, People think it's so easy to be 'normal' again, take it from someone who has been there, It ain't easy man..I feel for the guy, not like he goes out there and purposely play like crap..

Great, so announce to everyone that his problem is lack of effort.

I honestly think gillis has too much faith in players sometimes, almost to a fault.

If someone is going to ask him about Booth, what do you expect him to say?

"He sucks. I should have picked up a better player."

Chances are, Gillis has been in communication with his coaches as to why his $4.2mil guy is a healthy scratch and is relaying something Torts refuses to discuss in depth.

If someone is going to ask him about Booth, what do you expect him to say?

"He sucks. I should have picked up a better player."

No, you say that he's having a tough time recovering from his injury but he's slowly getting healthy again.

Not that he's not putting in enough effort and he's out of shape.

Probably trying to light a fire under his ass.

You can't possibly think our GM should sugar coat things regarding Booth. Guy has made a huge amount of top 6 cash and does a lot of stupid stuff and has produced 2 goals in the last 2 seasons.

If you think he's devaluing his asset.....do you not think a team wanting to acquire would have scouts come to the games and evaluate his play and research injury history???

MG knows Booth isn't worth a bag of pucks right now. I don't blame them for calling him out!!

I would have put him on the 4th line for a bit. Maybe him and Weise can fight over a spot. Not ideal but maybe in time he can get better with the limited minutes. Overall though if he doesn't figure it out then we have got to let him go. Maybe a new team would help his career. He just hasn't really fit in. He showed potential with Kesler and Higgins in his first year but nothing more than that.

It's unfortunate, but maybe (like Raymond) a new team, a fresh start etc. is what is best for him and the team.

I would have put him on the 4th line for a bit. Maybe him and Weise can fight over a spot. Not ideal but maybe in time he can get better with the limited minutes. Overall though if he doesn't figure it out then we have got to let him go. Maybe a new team would help his career. He just hasn't really fit in. He showed potential with Kesler and Higgins in his first year but nothing more than that.

It's unfortunate, but maybe (like Raymond) a new team, a fresh start etc. is what is best for him and the team.

U can't put someone on the 4th line just because.... Booth brings absolutely nothing. He has no desire to hunt a puck or humans, He wants dear & bears.

When a guy has no interest in hitting fighting trying scoring he needs to be where he is. Press Box.........

& No u can't trade him for used pucks.. No GM is that d**B

What he needs is 15-20 games in the AHL playing on their top line, not a couple of games as a conditioning stint. He needs to get his confidence back by scoring some goals, and the only way he's going to do that is with a lot of ice time on a crap team against crap goalies.

Then the Canucks can slot him back into the lineup around the halfway point of the season and could essentially be adding a valuable goal scorer to their lineup for free.

What he needs is 15-20 games in the AHL playing on their top line, not a couple of games as a conditioning stint. He needs to get his confidence back by scoring some goals, and the only way he's going to do that is with a lot of ice time on a crap team against crap goalies.

Then the Canucks can slot him back into the lineup around the halfway point of the season and could essentially be adding a valuable goal scorer to their lineup for free.

That is a best case scenario IMO. Waive him down to Utica and he stays there unless he really light it up. Expensive insurance pending an injury, trade or hopefully playoffs.

Who do you believe about the true condition of Booth? When he came to camp it was a question of whether he would be ready and a real possibility of going on LTIR. Then a story comes out that he is ready to go and in the best shape of his career. That quickly evolved into 'he came back to soon and another pulled groin'. Vancouver trainers then take a media shot for not taking better precaution with this guy and after all they cannot be trusted after the CoHo fiasco. The final morph now appears to be that Booth simply doesn't work hard enough at conditioning or in game situations. What next?

I personally hate when a player is singled out. What happened to the we win as a team and lose as a team? I am not saying Booth has not had some issues this season, but I have seen him trying hard when he gets the minutes. No one was scoring for 5 games yet it seems Booth not scoring is more of an issue. Oh well, I think it will sort itself out and we just have to be patient and stop trying to do everyone's jobs for them.

Pretty damning statements here. This could go very badly. MG is (publically) calling Booth out on his motivation and conditioning, while David seems to think it's due to his injury. This situation may become 'personal' (if it hasn't already) and things could deteriorate quickly. I don't understand what the trip to the AHL was all about, as it seemed too short to be a conditioning stint.

If Booth gets his back up, it will be messy for everyone concerned and Booth may end up jeopardizing his career.

U can't put someone on the 4th line just because.... Booth brings absolutely nothing. He has no desire to hunt a puck or humans, He wants dear & bears.

When a guy has no interest in hitting fighting trying scoring he needs to be where he is. Press Box.........

& No u can't trade him for used pucks.. No GM is that d**B

amen ( he is a bible thumper )

Archived