The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Martin Erat

What is the financial benefit of Erat over Booth? If there is one.

Player vs player, I think I'd keep Booth.. as crazy as that sounds.. Erat is older and has always been soft. That is only going to get worse.

Erat's salary is 2.25 or something next season. That's also why they won't want Booth.

I don't get why people want him. Is he young? No. Can he hit? No. Is he a great passer? No. Is he a top 6 forward? No.

He isn't what the Canucks need and unless he is an add on to a bigger deal is a waste of any asset to aquire, including Booth. At this point at least Booth is a strong skater who can hit. If I had to pick one of them to be on my team and not score, it would be Booth.

I don't get why people want him. Is he young? No. Can he hit? No. Is he a great passer? No. Is he a top 6 forward? No.

He isn't what the Canucks need and unless he is an add on to a bigger deal is a waste of any asset to aquire, including Booth. At this point at least Booth is a strong skater who can hit. If I had to pick one of them to be on my team and not score, it would be Booth.

He adds a much needed aspect of skill this team has been lacking. I doubt Booth for Erat is going to be straight up, if it happens at all, but it's in the teams best interest to acquire a player like this right now. If they can somehow take Booth it will be a homerun and will be around 2mill less for next season, even for a buyout.

Of course this management team has interest in Erat. *Sigh*

$4.5M cap hit for next 2 seasons.

This player: is 32 years old. He hasn't scored a goal yet this season. Hasn't played and 82 game season since....ever. Has underlying #'s that scream 'regression started 2 years ago'. Negative possession player. Asks for trade out of Nashville. Then asks for trade out of Washington. Not a sniper. Not a strong defensive player.

Of course this management team would give up assets to acquire such a player. At this point, I'd expect nothing less.

They gave up much, much more. We traded another guy who can't stay healthy along with a guy who was basically a $2 million version of Andrew Ebbett. They gave up a promising young prospect.

He's just trying to find something to bitch about.

Booth got hit with horrible luck and injuries.

Now people blame Gillis for it and Booth's faith..

That would have been like giving up Shinkaruk for Booth if anything @ that guy.

Archived