The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VIDEO: Manny Malhotra takes puck to the eye area...AGAIN

hockeyville88

Saw that highlight pack, Manny Malholtra is the bravest SOB out there.

Nothing but respect for this half man half indestructible machine

if that doesn't win the guy the masterson award i dont know what does. guy pretty much loses his eye and is blocking shots still..wow...what a warrior

have to think he was probably saying to himself when it happened, jesus does this ever end! thank god he put on his visor, why players dont wear one i have no clue.

it doesn't really restrict vision its a mental thing and all of em use them in junior...so silly

I have been hearing Manny is a beast for Carolina playing over 10 mins a game and used in all important faceoff/defensive situations. He is being used how he was his first year here.

I still think he will be a great pickup to play the 4th/3rd line role even next season

Really? So should gloves be optional as well? Or how about shin guards or elbow pads or shoulder pads? And why should goalies have to wear masks anyways? After all, they are all adults. You might be on to something.

don't be stupid. Wearing a visor changes vision and the ability to see the puck. Many many players can't stand them, if they choose not to wear them, why shouldn't it be their choice. Most players go through their entire careers without a puck or stick to the eye........how long would they last before getting a puck or stick to the hand, or the shin.

Think before typing

don't be stupid. Wearing a visor changes vision and the ability to see the puck. Many many players can't stand them, if they choose not to wear them, why shouldn't it be their choice. Most players go through their entire careers without a puck or stick to the eye........how long would they last before getting a puck or stick to the hand, or the shin.

Think before typing

All current NA players grow up wearing face masks and visors, so I don't see why it's a big issue. It only becomes a problem when the visor is removed once the player turns pro and he becomes accustomed to playing without it.

Choice is a fine thing, but given the recent lawsuit between concussed players and the NHL, I wouldn't be surprised if wearing visors becomes mandatory. The dopes that go visor-less will likely be grandfathered in.

Think before typing

Every player grows up wearing it. Its only when they turn pro that they have the option to toss it. So I don't buy the whole "not used to it" argument. Being that these players are under contract and being paid millions of dollars, I don't think its unreasonable to force it on them.

Archived