The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

What about turn overs? All I saw was turn over after turn over and being lazy about it nor caring to fix his mistakes...he was looking more like a liability and I suppose the -3 reflected that. Unacceptable when other people are working their ass off or where there are others who could be called up and would put in much better effort and not be a liability and show more maturity and professionalism.

*Bump*

Kassian's line vs the Stars

0 - G

0 - A

0 - Pts

0 Shots

14:15 TOI

Let's hope he plays better vs the Hawks. He can't get much worse.

Did either of you watch the game yesterday or quickly pull up stats. The 3rd line was the only line putting effort in the game last night. Sedins were absolutely terrible couldn't even generate offence on the PP, Luongo let in some soft goals. But out of all that you got Kassian played bad. The third line was rewarded for their hard work in the 3rd as they were getting double shifted and the 1st line was bench as they couldn't even enter the offensive zone. But if you did watch you would have seen Kassian pass a beauty pass to Hammer who was wide open but couldn't finish. Just because you hate the guy doesn't mean you should be blind to the rest of the game. What are you expecting him to play allstar ever game? not even crosby plays that way.

Did either of you watch the game yesterday or quickly pull up stats. The 3rd line was the only line putting effort in the game last night. Sedins were absolutely terrible couldn't even generate offence on the PP, Luongo let in some soft goals. But out of all that you got Kassian played bad. The third line was rewarded for their hard work in the 3rd as they were getting double shifted and the 1st line was bench as they couldn't even enter the offensive zone. But if you did watch you would have seen Kassian pass a beauty pass to Hammer who was wide open but couldn't finish. Just because you hate the guy doesn't mean you should be blind to the rest of the game. What are you expecting him to play allstar ever game? not even crosby plays that way.

Haters gon hate! That 3rd line was all i noticed lastnight along with lui's poor performance.

People simply need to be patient with this kid. He's young and needs a couple of years to mature.

A lot of you guys talk as if the best time to drink wine is as soon as it's made. It's not, so can we just have a little patience? I like fine wine too, so let's ask the question of how Kassian's doing in a couple of years, okay?

Kesler was in a similar situation a few years ago. I remember the Philly offer sheet on Kesler. Everyone was hampering on Kesler to have point production when he was suddenly being paid 2 mil/year. He wasn't getting points that year, but in a couple of years, he proved to all of the doubters why he was kept out of Philly's hands.

To me, Kassian is almost the exact scenario as Kesler a few years ago. The only difference is we gave up Cody for him. We will NOT know who got the better end of the deal for another few years.

So to the people nagging at Kassian on a game-to-game basis: learn how players develop first before speaking.

Absolutely huge goal tonight. Good game all around.

Agreed.

That goal was a full stride in between the legs of Keith Seabrook. Even the Hawks announcers were saying it takes very serious skill to pull that off at the NHL level to a guy like Seabrook.

Like I wrote earlier in this thread, the guy has 7 goals. The only thing the Hodgson lovers have left is the stupid goals and points which are Codys bread and butter . He is supposed to be better than Kassian at it.

Hodgson has 8 goals. Kassian 7. His extra goal is an empty netter. First line minutes, first line team mates and all that PP time.

Anyone saying we lost that trade at this point is being belligerent. Kassian is going to make him look like a joke in 2 more years.

Agreed.

That goal was a full stride in between the legs of Keith Seabrook. Even the Hawks announcers were saying it takes very serious skill to pull that off at the NHL level to a guy like Seabrook.

Like I wrote earlier in this thread, the guy has 7 goals. The only thing the Hodgson lovers have left is the stupid goals and points which are Codys bread and butter . He is supposed to be better than Kassian at it.

Hodgson has 8 goals. Kassian 7. His extra goal is an empty netter. First line minutes, first line team mates and all that PP time.

Anyone saying we lost that trade at this point is being belligerent. Kassian is going to make him look like a joke in 2 more years.

Huge goal and trending upward, despite being on for both Chicago goals. Zack is holding up well against less than charitable treatment from Torts. But it's working, so I'm okay with it. I agree that we won that trade, and it will become even clearer with time.

Agreed.

I don't think CoHo will look like a joke. They will both top out as good players. I just think it's silly to compare them overmuch. If Kassian has to be compared to Cody's point totals then Cody will need to match his fights, hits and plus/minus.

But yes, we didn't lose the trade notr won it. Just two teams getting something they needed and I am pretty happy to watch this kid get better and better.

For those that hate the trade, take it out on Gillis instead of a young kid who had the least to do with the trade in the first place. You should want him to produce and do well in the end.

Good game from him tonight, showed some confidence through the neutral zone on his goal. He really needs to find his spot and get comfortable I dont think he's had the same linemates for more than 10 consecutive games his whole time in Vancouver

Agreed.

The last sentence might be a stretch but Kass is coming along very nicely, he's younger and while his goals and point totals are getting better, even if they don't "match" Cody's, he will bring way more to the table in the end.

On pace for 16 goals getting 3rd/4th line minutes and no PP time. Not too shababbibly at all.

Archived