The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

^ same the other night - threw a lot more than 1 - but that's always a subjective statistic. Nevertheless, he's still among players like Morrow, Stewart, McQuaid, Doan, Tinordi, Iginla, Stanton! in hits/60 minutes... then again, those guys are soft, vacant, and invisible, right.

Kassian put together 5-6 very very solid games in a row about a month ago Was he rewarded with more ice with offensive players for more than a few shifts? How about consistent PP time? No, he was not.

He played very hard and was the drive on every line he played on during that string of games and the first sign of a mistake he was punished and put back on the 4th line with plugs. What kind of message is that sending a young player? Don't give me that garbage about he's not earning his shot. He earned a legitimate chance at a top 6 role for an extended period, not just a few shifts here and there and no PP time. He's a pure offensive player, he needs to be in a role that plays to his strengths, not accentuates his weaknesses.

IMO JT sucks at player management

Simply can't disagree more on all those points.

However his game tonight is much better, but there lies the problem, where has this side of his game been for the last 10 games! For him to get any kind of consistent top 6 ice time, he needs to show he can consistently be a top 6 guy. Not float for 5-10 games then show up or 3-5. It's frustrating to see when there is so much potential there.

Personal attacks. Always good when nothing else to bring to a discussion. Congrats.

If you know anything about hockey then you would know that every player develop at THEIR own pace. Zack is in learning mode here from Torts & he is being restricted on doing a lot of things out there cause Torts has him concentrating on body & stick position at this moment.

If you watched tonights game Zack did everything the COACH asked & wanted him to do. By the time playoffs role around Zack will be a a key player on our roster. AND give him a year or 2 & he might become that top 6 power forward. which he will be. (eg Penner, Franzen, K.Primeau, Etc.)

I will be the first to admit that I have been extremely tough on Kassian during the last couple of weeks.

Tonight I noticed him out there and that is a compliment to him. As one poster did say, if he can play that well tonight, where has he been the last few games. I hope he can build on tonight's game and get some of his confidence back. If he does, that will definitely say something about his character.

Let's hope the contribution he made tonight will continue all season. Time will tell. Good luck Zack.

Not really. i pointed out that you bring nothing to this thread except Kassian ball washing. You cant accept the fact that not everyone is drinking the Kassian kool-aid and you are butt hurt that your hero is one of the worst players on the team.

Like I said, I'll be watching to see all the impressive 1st line skills Kassian has to offer tonight. Perhaps you can lend me your rose colored Kassian glasses? It might help me to see skills that dont exist.

Hey Kobe, tell me how my kASSian tastes

Great game Kassian. He needs to put in the same effort and consistency every single game and he will be a beauty for us.. This guy could potentially, one day, single handedly be a force and take control of a game on his own. He just needs to keep it simple for now, play smart, keep learning at this level and put in 100% effort all the time.

Impressive game tonight for the big boy,,didnt look out of place with the twins and got some extended ice time, I think alot of his trouble is trying to be defensively responsible,, its a work in progress but he can really fly getting back into his own end...keep it up Zak.

Yes, Kassian has been disappointing. I'm not knocking the trade; Hodgson had to go, we had no room for him, we didn't need the headache, and we couldn't afford what he was asking for. But Kassian hasn't lived up to expectations. He seems to be maturing, but he hasn't panned out yet.

Archived