The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Luongo on Team Canada says Stellick

Plaguez

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/a-preview-of-canadas-olympic-hockey-team/

According to Gord, there will be no Canucks on the team. His pucks for goalies are Price, Smith, Crawford.

He also says that PK Subban is on the bubble, and it's likely only 1 player from any Canadian team will be chosen, that being Price.

Has Lu earned his spot or should the previous starter and gold medal winner be given the spot or should we go with the best goalies period?

Luongo will make the team and be the starter. Brodeur wasn't playing at his best in 2010 and still got the number 1 spot based on his history. I don't think this will be any different. Luongo is the only goalie with Olympic experience and will have played with most of the players on the team. Call me biased if you want, but I don't see why they wouldn't start him

I kept reading and Stellick said that Perry and Getzlaf aren't going to make the team...Loses all credibility right there. They are both having great seasons, have good chemistry and have Olympic experience.

http://www.sportsnet...ic-hockey-team/

According to Gord, there will be no Canucks on the team. His pucks for goalies are Price, Elliott, Crawford.

He also says that PK Subban is on the bubble, and it's likely only 1 player from any Canadian team will be chosen, that being Price.

Has Lu earned his spot or should the previous starter and gold medal winner be given the spot or should we go with the best goalies period?

Are you referring to Brian Elliott? Because it says Mike Smith.....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/a-preview-of-canadas-olympic-hockey-team/

According to Gord, there will be no Canucks on the team. His pucks for goalies are Price, Elliott, Crawford.

Frankly, I don't want Luongo on Team Canada. Playing under International spotlight, or having a two week break might be the difference between winning a Cup or falling short.

Call me selfish, but the gold medal will most likely be won anyways, whereas a Stanley Cup to Vancouver is a feat no Canucks fan will complain about.

His gaa and save percentage are not even in the top 30, I would be surprised if he made the team. Taking a goalie that hasn't played well in years has a reputation of folding under pressure would be hard to justify to the rest of Canada especially with the rest of Canada hating the nucks. Yes he won the gold but goaltending was never considered the reason and they will want to put there best foot forward. Lou has been solid for us this year but he is no more then an average goalie that can play the odd great game but the great games have become few and far between.

His gaa and save percentage are not even in the top 30, I would be surprised if he made the team. Taking a goalie that hasn't played well in years has a reputation of folding under pressure would be hard to justify to the rest of Canada especially with the rest of Canada hating the nucks. Yes he won the gold but goaltending was never considered the reason and they will want to put there best foot forward. Lou has been solid for us this year but he is no more then an average goalie that can play the odd great game but the great games have become few and far between.

18th and 24th respectively.

Archived